June 2011 moms

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by akijay, Oct 25, 2010.

1. bril

bril Silver IL'ite

Hey I am yet to upload her pics. Have to get back to work coming monday. So getting ready for that ... Am Hoping it will be manageable. Lets see...

Hey great da.. Let me know how Rithik likes it :)

I will add her pics soon.. getting ready to go to work da.. Just praying things will be fine!
    I pressure cook grated carrot and then mash it.. she eats .. but doesnt enjoy it much i think. My paed said no salt till one year. Sugar if u want to, then after 8/10 months. So i make sure i buy fresh carrot. When pressure cooked, it smells sweet, like sweet corn smell..

2. bril

bril Silver IL'ite

Ladies,

I need ur suggestion..
    Have any of u started with cerelac? And, have any of u started giving lactogen-2?

And... here is a suggestion i have for all of u.. Chk this out... I found it useful for vidhu for cereals and soup.
    Weaning Bottle with Spoon 120ml (03328)

3. ramyav_cse

ramyav_cse Gold IL'ite

Hi Bril,

I was about to ask about cerelac...I got cerelac rice with milk from the indian shop today....one of my frenz said shez giving her daughter n she likes it a lot...so planning to try this for Rithvik since he gets constipated with Gerber Rice cereal...

@ramyaramani: I really pity u...please put ur foot down when it comes to deciding on what to do for ur LO. At the most ur IL's might call u arrogant but juz IGNORE them...u r the parent n u know whatz gud for ur LO.period.

4. akijay

akijay Bronze IL'ite

Ramyaramani,
    I can imagine,how tired you will be,managing shanya,all through the travel..take good rest..Just don't give much importance to such comments...relax and enjoy your time...Rithik's exzema has gone for now after applying the derma smooth..someone said aveeno exzema is good and tried it..within 10 mi,ns of applying that rithik screamed and it looked all red all over his body..after applying derma smooth I don't see them now...

5. akijay

akijay Bronze IL'ite

Ramyav and Bril..
    I have just bought the cerelac rice with maize..is itok for constipation..I have been giving rithik,water,prunes and prune juice..also did the grapes water..nothing works..he didn't have bowel movement for 4 days now..he looks normal,tummy s not bloated..god knows what's happening inside his tummy...

6. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@akijay @ramya @bril thank you for our kind words.

@bril I put pants for Shayna for the time being. After using diapers this is turning out to be loads of work. Shayna has started settling down nicely. So feeling a bit relaxed.

@akijay for Shayna's eczema I also tried aveeno. She had rashes all over her body.

@ramyav it is a very pressurizing situation. Slowly I am starting to tell the way I do things. So let me see how it works out.

Shayna has got cold now. So she is little bit cranky. But otherwise she seems to be good. I gav gerber green beans to her. Initially she did not like it but later loved it. How many tbsp of vegetables/fruits do you give?

I am enjoying all the attention here with friends/relatives visiting us. Loads of fun. We have arranged for a get together with close relatives this weekend. So it going to be good to catch up with all the family gossip.

7. achu1

achu1 Silver IL'ite

Hi ramya
    Good to hear that Shayna adjusted there. Hope u n Shayna not miss USA n enjoy India.
    If IL say anything from their exprrience, u just analyse their words n come to one conclusion.
    Try 2 follow 'take it easy policy'.

8. lathangi.ch

lathangi.ch Bronze IL'ite

@ramyaramani - did u travel alone?? Must be very tiring!! How long did it take to get PIO for shayna? Do u need visa stamping??Heard that people are being denied by visa officers for extensions.

Thanks!! yeah she looked super cute on her half-bday :)

My updates- My mom(grandparent of 7 girls) and dh wouldn't stop feeding her any food. They say she is getting bored of drinking formula and they feed her diff foods :bonkI am glad atleast tanvi is able to digest those foods. My mom already started feeding her with rice+dal +ghee+tomato+pinch of salt. she says if u start by now, they will start to learn chewing the foods. She got my sisters' support too:thumbsup
    Here is the feeding list - Parle G Biscuits, raspberry, banana, apple, oatcereal, ricecereal, rice+Dal,etc.

9. lathangi.ch

lathangi.ch Bronze IL'ite

How is rithik doing?? Did he poop?? try to give him warm water after each solid food feedings..

10. akijay

akijay Bronze IL'ite

Ramyaramani,
    Lo's will definitely catch cold or fever after the tedious journey and weather change in india.no wonder shanya ended up getting cold...but it wud be really difficult for her to sleep and all right?is she getting disturbed in sleep bcoz of the noise there?i make the baby food at home..I make little bit more quantity,feeds him till he starts to turn his face or shows a face :)