Who Am I? - Part I

Discussion in 'New Member Area' started by kavya, Aug 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ashna

Ashna Bronze IL'ite

Hi sowmya

I can understand what you must be going through as i have gone through similar situation when i left my country, Family, Friends and surroundings and migrated to Australia after marriage 3 years ago....

I am sure no one can take their place in your life but you have landed up at right destination i.e Indus Ladies...this is much more than a website to all of us....Its like our Web family which has brought us closer from far different places and different walks of life under one common platform to communicate anything and every thing from topics related to our daily life to heavenly ones like Spirituality or to dreamland of fiction.

Welcome and hope you will be enjoy being part of us!!!!!!

Take Care,
    Ashna

2. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Welcome home, Sowmya

Dear Sowmya,

You have come to the right place in Indusladies. I too used to feel a bit lost before I joined. If you are looking for good recipes, check out the 'Ask Chitvish' section in Home and Kitchen.

All forums in Indusladies are really exciting.

regards
    Vidya

3. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Welcome

dear Sowmya,
    welcome to this wonderful site for Indian women. It is very difficult to move away from the familiar place, that too to a very new and different culture. Please use this oppurtunity to get to know your new country and surroundings. Do not compare with your home, nothing can be equal to that. Just think positively that you are having a new experience and enjoy it. Most people in India would just give anything to be in US.
    Never fret about what cannot be had now and instead enjoy what ever is at hand. That way you will stay happy. I am sure that you will have many new things to learn there, which you won't get a chance here. Find out and you will surely enjoy your stay there. All the best, keep smiling.
    We are all there to share your thoughts, you could even get Indian friends thro the forum.
    With warm wishes,
    varloo

4. rathi

rathi Bronze IL'ite

Welcome

Hi Sowmya,

Welcome to this close knitted community of Indian Ladies.

You will find a lot of members here living in the US who are very friendly and helpful. Being a new comer to the US, you can post all your queiries about living and getting around here in the US. You will get very useful & experienced responses.

Check out the forum - Getting by in USA/Canada - in the 'Where do you live?' section. You may find lots of information already there that you are looking for.

I am sure you will be able to make lots of lovely friends in this community. Good luck!

L,
    Rathi

5. Deepa

Deepa Senior IL'ite

Hello friends,

Hello Friends,
    I am Deepa Rathakrishnan. I am married for 11 years and have 2 beautiful children - 9 yr old daughter and a 3 yr old son. I have been living in the USA for the past 11 years. I am a commerce graduate from Madras University. At present I am helping my husband in our IT consulting business here in Atlanta. I am a very spiritual person having great faith in God. I truly believe in our religion, culture and its values and have been following the same all these years and have been teaching my children to do the same. I have great interest in cooking different regional cuisine. Thanks to my husband and daughter who have been encouraging me all these years and ofcourse eating whatever I make. My other hobbies are music, stitching and reading and ofcourse browsing our Indusladies forums. I personally feel it is a great place for us ladies to chat and get in touch with each other though we all live in different parts of the world. I truly appreciate the great efforts taken by the team in running this website and wish we grow to great heights in the future with more and more members.

Best Regards
    Deepa

Last edited: Aug 16, 2006
  6. eagle

eagle Bronze IL'ite

This is me!!

Hello Everyone,

My name is Shobana Nippani . I am born and brought up in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. I have been in Chennai almost all my life. I really miss my Chennai. I live in Boston , MA now married to an awesome winner and have a 2.5 yr old daughter named Chetna. We have been kind of moving around a lot in this country due to visa reasons. But will definetely settle in a place in the near future. This gave me an opportunity to make a lot of friends. Im a very outgoing person by nature and love people. I love cooking and experimenting with new recipes. The other thing I love is reading Positive Mental Attitude Books. It gives me a great boost every day. I found this forum a very interesting and informative one. I really love the people in IL. You are doing a great job ladies!! I am a student of Vedanta Philosophy and strive to practice it every day. That keeps me going in the ups and downs of life . Hope to be a part of IL and make a difference like many ladies do here.

Thanks & Regards
    Shobana

Last edited: Aug 15, 2006
  7. monalisa_shat

monalisa_shat New IL'ite

Who am I

Hi
    I'm Monalisa from Orange couny, CA(USA).I born and brought up in Orissa(India).I am 26 years old. I did Masters in Electronoics from India .I got married in Nov 2004 in Orissa .And came USA two years ago.
    My husband Is a project manager here in IT . In my life I never thought that one day I will be in USA .
    I like to explore new cooking style new dishes.I like watching Hollywood movies a lot and also good Hindi movies.
    I used to teach in India and here going to work as IT professional in USA.And still trying to understand American culture.But I miss India lot.
    Thanks.
    With love
    Monalisa

8. shubhavasudevan

shubhavasudevan Senior IL'ite

who am I

Hi everyone

I am shubha vasudevan. I am a memeber of this wonderful site for the past one year. I am from Madras but now live in a small town in Southern Alberta in Canada. I have lived in SIngapore for 8 yrs before moving to Canada.Though I have lived mostly in big cities I love my stay in this beautiful small town.

I have a son and a daughter.

I am working in a day care centre here. We have kids coming from 0 months upto 5-6 yrs in our day care centre. If anyone wants any help regarding child care i can help.

i enjoy being part of Indusladies though I am not an active participant. I like to have more friends. Please do private message me.

regards and best wishes
    shubha

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2006
  9. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

New to this site

Hi all :wave

I am San. I am new to this site. I am basically from India and soon after I got married I came to US. Currently my job is to cook, browse, watching Television programs, shopping...SIMPLY A GOOD HOUSE WIFE :) . Also if i get an opportunity i wish to work....
    I feel it is a wonderful community to learn, share my ideas and feelings and I am happy to be a part here...

Last edited: Jan 29, 2007
  10. Shakthi

Shakthi Senior IL'ite

Welcome...

Hi San,

Welcome to this community and you are sure to get to know lots of interesting ladies here.

You would have seen that we have a good collection of recipes here and you may want to try anything new for a variety. There are also more interesting discussions in various forums, articles, short stories, shopping deals, etc. Hope you will enjoy and have fun here.

Regards,
    Shakthi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.