Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 4)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Sep 14, 2010.

1. damini

damini Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithramma,
    Thanks for the suggestions on cornflakkes:bowdown, will have to do something.
    Last week made Vazhakai Kootu , Raw Banana stem pachadi and semiya payasam following Ball & stick payasam.I have never made kootu with vazhakai & it is a good addition to the regular menu. Raw banana stem pachadi went very well with pudina saadam. Semiya payasam was loved by everyone, semiya was cooked & non-sticky & the payasam was rich:thumbsupThank you.
    Love,
    Damini.

2. Mathu

Mathu Senior IL'ite

Dear Aunty,
    Am here after a long time.Still settling down!!!!!!!!(Thanks to the carpenter,plumber electrician,civil work guys ...)This FB is for Damrot halwa.I happened to get one small whole red pumpkin in one of those maatu vandi vendors near little ones' school.Just grabbed it on seeing.So made halwa with the entire pumpkin.This was in my to-do list for years now but got delayed because of need for khoa.Now that I live so near Nilgris,I wanted to give it a try.It was truly heavenly.Since I could not bake a cake for the little boys' birthday I made this.They loved it totally.Thank you so much for keeping my boys happy all through the year.

You are tempting me so much by posting the 1cup bread dough breads.I have asked the Nilgris guys here in T.nagar for fresh yeast and waiting for it to try it out.
    Am shipping out Sambar podi made by your recipe to Bombay,U.S.,U.K, and even Chennai makkals on popular demand from my husband's aunts and my brother.R is thinking of patenting the process ;)There is indeed pleasure in sharing goodies :)

Thank you so much Aunty....

1 person likes this.
  3. Shrisha

Shrisha Bronze IL'ite

Chthrama wen tg to currimboys..they showed a blue silicone cookie sheet for some 650 rs. Does it have to co st so much? Can i notbake cookies on my micrwavable nonsti ck cru st plate? Maybe with a butter paper on it?

4. hridhaya

hridhaya Gold IL'ite

Dear C and friends,

Hope you are doing good.

I am doing great and enjoying Bangalore city. House setup is almost over and getting back to routine life. Joined office today. Another 1-2 weeks, I must be able to resume my foray here.

Wanted to give a quick update.

5. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Saras, The photos look splendid!! The biscuit shape is perfect & the criss cross gives it a pro-look! You are no doubt becoming one!:thumbsup
    Bahala bhath looks absolutely delicious. Adding olives gives a good colour relief & must be nice to bite!!
    Very good going!!

6. Chitvish

Thanks, Radha!! For some things - better late, than never! Right now it is idli grinding before I go for walk!!
    I find it easier to make 1 cu dough bread & finish it off rather than carrying over!!

7. Chitvish

Damini, vazakkai & brinjal puli votta kootus are real mini meals!!
    For any kalanda sadam, raitha goes very well.
    I am glad you have perfected the art of making non-sticky semiya payasam - not many get it right!!

8. Chitvish

Oh Mathu, nice to hear from you!!
    You transpired matu vandi sarakku to heavenly damrot halwa excellent!!
    Just remmember, not all Nilgiris outlets may stock fresh yeast.
    I can imagine you running behend service people - but that is life in Chennai!

9. Chitvish

Yes, you can use the crust plate lined with butter paper. Is yours Samsung??Do not invest heavily on silicon now.

10. Chitvish

So, so, so nice to hear from you! I do think of you often.
    Please take your time & come back -but do not forget us :biggrin2: