1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Pigeons in balcony - Help needed please

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by limkabook, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Aalina

Aalina New IL'ite

Re: pigeon menace

You need to rid of these pigeons . so that they will not spoil your balcony every morning and these also cause diseases . you can use chemicals available in the market . so that you come out from this problem . or you can contact with any company which removes pigeons

2. Aalina

Aalina New IL'ite

Yes pigeons in residential area are serious problem you can use chemicals available in the market or you can also use bird repeller . idea of fake eagle is also good but sometimes its not works .

3. victori

victori New IL'ite

It is difficult to get rid of pigeons, once they started to stay in a same place. you can use tomatoes and mint in your balcony. Pigeons do not like the smell of mint. I am sure they will leave the place.

4. victori

victori New IL'ite

Keeping pigeons away from your property is not that complicated as it seems. A pigeon repellent is a semi toxic spray substance that can be purchased in any pest control store. Netting is another form of physical barrier that stops birds from landing in places that you want to keep them away from.

5. xyzsanta

xyzsanta New IL'ite

I was completely unaware of a spray being available for pigeons....good lord..we hav the same pigeon issues in balcony...thanks alot for the infomation.....

6. VidyaSury

VidyaSury New IL'ite

This is amazing! I was about to Google this and happened to check mail, when I saw the IL newsletter with this topic.

I live in an apartment complex and among all the verandahs, pigeons prefer to flock to ours. It is so aggravating - we have had to get rid of our potted plants and other things we kept here. Hanging clothes out to dry is a pain because they perch on the line and it feels as though I am spending half my life yelling "shoo" at them or scraping up their ****.

But friends - the owl cutout does not work :) I found pigeons assume that it is yet another perch for them. I'd like to try the repellent now, because screening our verandah is not an option. Ugh!

7. mollyjohn

mollyjohn New IL'ite

Here is a good news for all of you facing problems with the pigeons.

Hang one or two wind chimes (hanging bells) in the balcony and forget about the birds.
    The sound made by the wind chimes will make the birds fly away! Even if there is no wind, the small movements of the birds will be enough for the bells to start singing.
    I live in Canada, and now my balconies are safe and clean back in Kerala with nobody's supervision.

8. victori

victori New IL'ite

Using wind chimes is a nice idea. But don't you think it can annoy your neighbors, when wind chimes in the balcony will keep jingling every time.

9. victori

victori New IL'ite

I also herd about pigeon wires are also helpful in the process to get rid of pigeons.

10. Aalina

Aalina New IL'ite

In order to get rid of pigeons you should see their behavior and learn more about pigeons.