1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Acne Journey!

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by uma321, Nov 8, 2011.

1. uma321

uma321 Platinum IL'ite

Below is my experience.

I never got acne on my face during my teenage. However, now I'm suffering from severe acne. I tried both natural and chemical remedies. Nothing worked so far.

I'm going to share whatever I'm trying on my face to cure my acne.

So far i've tried using Aveeno acne daily moisturizer, ZAPZYT, Nuetrozina acne soap, OLAY professional PROxclear intensive refining sulfer mask, Turmaric, Face Steaming, etc.

They didn't change a thing.

I bought jojobe oil recently and started using it on my face and hair. It reduced the dryness. however, I'm yet to see any improvement (started using 2 days back).

I also take vitamins, drink lots of water, eats fruits, and reduces oil intake to the minimal, rarely eats junk food.

I still get acne and have acne scar.

If nothing works, my acne should be due to harmonic imbalance. So, i'm going to the doctor tomorrow.

I am currently not taking birth control pills. Going to take Papsmear test next week and check with GYN before starting my birth control pill. (birth control pills control adult acne)

I'll update you whenever I change something and whenever there is an improvement.

2. uma321

uma321 Platinum IL'ite

UPDATE:
    The doctor gave me standard medication for Acne. She kept on saying that both Teen acne and adult acne are same and she prescribes same medication for both. However, I did an intense research on adult acne before going to the doctor. So, i don't believe her words (part of it is because I tried all the medications for normal acne and nothing worked so far).

So, I've decided not to use the prescribed medication for another month.

One important thing she mentioned was, acne breaks out on the face 2 months after it started. So, to find out whether a medication works, we need to wait for 2 months.

I've been using Jojobe oil on my face at nights. It reduced the dryness on my face and I see some improvement in my complexion.

Besides that, I use Multani mitti and Yugurt mix on my face everyday. I use "Aveeno Active Naturals Ultra Calming Foaming Cleanser" for cleansing and use "Terrralina Gentle Facial Toner". I stopped using Aveeno daily scrub for a while due to my acne.

Last week I bought "Clinique 'Acne Solutions' Clear Skin System". It has good review. I'm going to give a try on all the above for another month and look at the changes.

Whenever I get time, I'll also try natural masks and remedies.

3. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

kool I had started a thread on jojoba oil for acne...check that one out....am also having this adult acne problem and recently past 2 months its WORSTTTT...nothin seems to work and then I stopped using all the chemical stuff and just using jojoba oil.....I have to say all the acne disappeared as far as on face...but on the chin area ..seems like i still need to wait up for them to clear out..

try mixing 1 drop of tea tree oil in 2 or 3 drops of jojobaoil and rub in your palm and just dab on the acne areas. this seem to help me a lot.

The draw back of jojoba oil is ...as its natural product we wont see diference just in couple of days or weeks....but you would see the diff. immediately in skin texture....i dont use moisturizers anymore...i just put couple of drops as my moisturizer and apply face powder or compact..sometimes i dont apply anything on my face except jojoba oil and then i go out like that:) i can see my skin looks n feels better than when i used the chemical creams...
    Also for scars..mix jojoba oil with vitamin E oil...you will see great difference...

4. uma321

uma321 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks SriVidya!

Would you recommend any brand of Tea Tree Oil?

Even my skin texture has improved a lot after using Jojobe oil on my face. It's good for your hair too.

5. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

I got the NOW brand....but recently started realising, dont put too many drops of tea tree oil...it wont help...just 1 drop should be enough...I used to put like 3 to 4 drops, though it helped initially, after couple of days i didnt see much diff. so i started using only 1 drop...my skin seems to take only 1 drop :)

6. mohana

mohana Silver IL'ite

Srividya,
    Where can I get tea tree oil and jojobo oil?

7. uma321

uma321 Platinum IL'ite

Mohana, You can both of them in Amazon.

Thanks SriVidya! I bought NOW brand Jojobe oil. I'm going to hold on to the tea tree oil purchase as I see my acne and acne scars disappearing in Jojobe oil itself.

8. mohana

mohana Silver IL'ite

Thats a quick reply. Thanks Uma.

9. uma321

uma321 Platinum IL'ite

my Clinique acne 3 step kit was delivered last week. So far I don't see any visible improvement except a big breakout.

All my other acne marks are slowly disappearing. I think its mainly due to Jojobe oil.

I'll update you again soon.

10. Vnbaby

Vnbaby Senior IL'ite

Hi Uma and Srividya,

I am suffering from face acne for 9-10 years. So I think this make me kind of acne expert :lol:. Uma first and foremost PLEASE stop experimenting with your skin(I cant emphasize it more), learn from my experience I was like you when I was in college I used to over care for my skin I used to scrub with homemade scrub, put multani mitti mask, scrub with lemon peel etc. etc. ...and you name the product for moisturising, toning, cleansing I had used it on my skin because I have oily skin and I dint want to get acne and my skin used to glow with beauty people used to compliment me about my beautiful oily skin. But problem started when I started working and didnt have time to take care of my skin as much I used to do. So all that care routine made my skin dependant on me to clear it, to tone it, and to moisturise it. Believe me God have made a certain pattern for our body system to work if we disturb it anyhow we suffer:hide:. So same way our skin doesnt need all the intensive care it just needs cleansing with simple soap and very very light moisturising with something natural like jojoba oil or coconut oil(I use it) rest our skin can take care of itself.

Even during early years of my married life I had severe acne but fortunately my parent in laws used to consult a good homoeopathy doctor for normal ailments like colds or aches so one day I decided to start homeopathy treatment for acne from this doctor(I am a believer of homeopathy though I took treatment from other hompath doctor also but it didnt work much, FIY I tried allopathy, ayurvedic, homeopathy treatment for my acne but nothing worked ) Doctor asked me many questions like what do I use on my skin, how do i take care of it, what do I eat, etc. Then he literally scold me that why I have disturbed the balance of my skin system by using all those chemical loaded skin care products and scrubbing and what not. He put me on medicines and told me to stop everything else because he made me understand that my skin needs to breathe and I am not letting it do so by clogging pores by scrubbing even with homemade stuff and closing pores by using packs and all. Stopping everything was tough for me because my face use to look horrible I was newly married and used to work in a good office also. So sometimes I cheated and used some pack or scrub but whenever I used these my acne flared up :rant. So believe me taking my medicines ON TIME, washing my face twice a day with dettol(you heard right) and patting it dry and used little very little extra virgin coconut oil on my damp face worked and it reduced my acne 90% but this treatment took almost 2 years. Rest of 10% of the acne was not there when I was pregnant so I asume its related to my hormones because I stilll get 1-2 pimples when I have my periods. And I am a person who get tensed too much on little day to day issues so my acne flares up and I forget to drink sufficient water also :bonk.

So gist of my exp. with acne is just leave you skin alone please. Wash it with simple soap twice a day and use some natural oil, drink 8 glasses of water(must) eat healthy food and fats(essential for good sking) try to be happy as much as you can and you will surely see a difference. You can use scrubs/packs once in 3-4 months if you want and throw all the products in trashbin. This 3 step caring routine cleansing-toning-moisturising is just a hype to fill these industries owners pockets with lots money and made ourselves addicted to their products.

I hope it helped...take care.
    V n baby