1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Oh, how I love to freak out!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Chitvish, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Mrs.C,

If people at 40 start feeling the need for authentic living and being true to self, you at 70 should do whatever pleases you and comfort certainly takes priority over everything else! You have been there, done that in almost all situations......so you have that much more freedom!

My mom was fortunate for my dad loved to get her out of her comfort zone and enjoyed it as well. Looks like I have inherited that trait from him for I was able to help her continue to live the way she felt comfortable the last few years and I have never regretted it - I am sure neither has she! My constant mantra to her was "mom you have done everything for the family, extended family etc, now it is time to live just for your self and no one else" and add to that there's my dear old grand mother who constantly told her "all these years you have done things (including poojas) for bahiranga shuddhi, now it is time for antharanga shuddhi"!

So Mrs.C I totally understand what you say and may I add that all those remarks can become a source of joy when one is doing purely from their personal perspective. You will have the privilege of looking back at them with a feeling of "you have no idea, do you?"...oh the thought itself is so enticing! I would love love to be your partner in crime in all those shopping expeditions - let me hasten to add that you will benefit too for I have 'an eye' for things you know :) The only problem I fore see is coming all the way to Chennai.....perhaps a girls' weekend getway with cash stashed does not seem bad now, does it Mrs.C?

1 person likes this.
  2. kateangeline

kateangeline Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitvish.

You have made my day. I am typing this with a huge smile.

We are expected to forego many of our simple pleasures for the sake of society who are always ready to criticise & judge people. I like your attitude of dealing with them. You have written it nicely with a wonderful sense of humour.

I totally agree with you. We should have these freak outs in between to keep our life sane.

Love & Regards,
    Kate.

3. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sabi,
    Such a long lovely Fb!! Your mom is blessed:bowdown
    It is unfortunate that society goes by the yardstick of bahiranga shuddhi only!!

So long as we do not get the guts to break away from the shackles imposed by society, we do feel the frusration peeping in.
    But for me personally, my vedanta classes helped me in creating the confidence in doing what I like the way I like, of course the bottom line being, without malice towards anybody.
    I realise, if I am happy inside, it reflects in my personality.
    Period.
    Do, do, do come over to Chennai, I can't wait for it!! It will be nice painting the town red with IL friends - is not the IL bond special???
    I have already done it with a few IL friends & immensely enjoyed it!!
    When you come to B'lore, is Chennai that far away???
    Now, don't make me threaten to come to B'lore!! :hide:

4. Chitvish

Kate,my Angel,
    It is such a pleasant surprise to see you here!!:)
    We are brought up with a HEAVY DOSE of
    What will people say??

In the process we lose out on so much of our share of happiness!!
    High time we realise and live for ourselves!

5. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ma...,
    What a cute person you are....I love you for it....I have never given two hoots to those nosey parkers so when I feel like enjoying I have enjoyed a lot...You too should for after all we live this life only once na....

6. SSC

SSC Platinum IL'ite

Lovely write up that! Reminds me of my granny, who after slipping into her 80s loved to wear nighties!! She really had a love for them and was tired of wearing the 9-yard saree...
    She loved to come with me in a bike as well as in the car.. I was the official driver at home, and I used to chauffeur my mom around. Mom used to shop, while me and my granny used to sit in the car and chit chat!
    She used to love spicy fried food, when she had strict dietary restrictions! One of her favorites were molaga-podi with dosai! And I used to have a tight lash around her diet (bcos she would not take it from anyone else!). So inorder to escape my lecture, she used to hide the molaga-podi inside her dosai!
    She was partially deaf, and I used to be her scribe come sign instructor!

Aah!! I miss her already!!

Chit maami, please feel free to freak out and enjoy life to the fullest!! Your grand daughters must be having a lovely time with their world's best cook paati!

7. Chitvish

Dear Buns,
    Your post is so sweet & loving, thanks!!
    I admire your guts at a young age! :thumbsup
    I wish I were made of stronger stuff, years back! But, better late than never is what I feel now!

8. vidchakra

vidchakra Platinum IL'ite

Chitra ma, That was such a sweet post.. Like others here I would say 'Just freak out'... This is your moment!

9. Chitvish

Friends, I am at my favourite freak out - watching Master Chef Australia!!
    Will reply you all tomorrow.
    My favourite is Ellie & I am worried she may be eliminated next :)

10. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

absolutely so true Mrs.C

and would you call it a co-incidence that I came across this quote immediately after I read your feed back? [​IMG]

amen to that like they say here "if mama's happy, everybody's happy" :)

I should come Mrs.C and then I have this reason of wanting to visit a long lost maternal uncle who lives in Thiruvanmayur!! and oh what fun would it be to get a picture with you in jeans and me in a saree....... :)

Hopefully your Ellie is not elimanated and you did enjoy the show cheering!