1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Secrets for a meaningful life

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Nov 8, 2011.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Keep a good heart. Thats the most important thing in life. Its not how much money you can make or what you can acquire. The art of it is to keep a good heart. - Joni Mitchell

In life we have ups and downs but we should always be the same. But some people are not like that. They forget what they were before. People who were not financial good in the beginning and later are well placed forget those days when they were struggling and forget the people who helped them also. I am not saying all are like that, some are like that. After they become rich they act as if they were all the time rich.

Money is not a permanent thing. Today we might have lot of money but tomorrow may not have. But we should always keep the relationship with everyone the same always. While going we are not going to take anything with us but all the good deeds we do only come with us. So we should try not to hurt anyone by saying something.

I have experienced people who have children hurt the people who dont have children. Asking what happened are they planning. Why they dont have a child yet. All are not so lucky to get a child fast.

Reach for the stars but keep your feet firmly planted on firm ground.

Ability may get you to the top
    but it takes character to keep you there
    be more concerned with your character
    than with your reputation
    your character is what you merely are
    while your reputation is what merely
    others think you are
    Noone is born happy
    but all of us are born with
    the ability to create happiness
    so today make others happy - Author unknown

9 people like this.

2. Aspire

Aspire Gold IL'ite

So true. I believe, nobody makes it alone. All of us are made by others.

The success we produce is just our way of justifying the investments that have been made on us. We are mere instruments of success. Success, per se, is a collective force. It just culminates through a few individuals.

Many people have failed because they could not handle their success. Many celebrities succumbed to various forms of intoxications because they could not handle the magnitude of their success.

Success should never feed ones ego, but must always feed one's sense of responsibility.

I hope and pray this always stays on my mind!

1 person likes this.
  3. lalithavennkat

lalithavennkat Silver IL'ite

Dear Vijimam,

What you said is absolutely right. We haven't brought anything and we are not going to carry
    anything with us. In the middle period the goodwill we earn only make us a good people.
    In our village side there is a saying that " ethanai sambaadhithom enbadu mukkiyam illai - ethanai
    makkal ponam kuda poonaargal enbadhu thaan avan nallavana irrundadarkku adayaalam" enbaargal.

Today we lost our Mithila Kannan. Whole IL is regretting for that. That is important

1 person likes this.
  4. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji Ma...
    Another gem from you...You know I am rich because I gather the gems you give us here.....and I simply loved this

1 person likes this.
  5. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

All your words are very true Vijji Ma..We should always keep our feet on the ground whatever heights we reach in life..Only that quality brings us more people close..Ultimately it is the name we are gonna carry with us when we die but nor the money or jewels!

1 person likes this.
  6. vchelluri

vchelluri Gold IL'ite

Regards,
    Latha.

1 person likes this.
  7. Soumedh

Soumedh Silver IL'ite

Well said! beautiful post.
    These are to be adopted in life to lead a meaningfull life.
    I hope and pray God to give me more ability and opportunity to make others happy.
    Rgds

1 person likes this.
  8. kottravai

kottravai Gold IL'ite

What can I say, Vijima, except that this is another wonderful snippet and lesson from you! We climb up the ladder but we discard the ladder once we have reached the top.... if we fall then, it would be drastic because the ladder is not there.... Such is human tendency...

1 person likes this.
  9. vidraghu

vidraghu Platinum IL'ite

Another wonderful one from you! If we incorporate it in our practical life.. it would make ourselves and people around us very happy and would be a great pleasure!

1 person likes this.
  10. omsrisai

omsrisai IL Hall of Fame

Oh vijima...such a nice post,whatever you have said is really true and it really helps us lead a meaningful life.

1 person likes this.