Our Dear Mithila Kannan Is No More!

Discussion in 'Bereavement' started by varalotti, Nov 8, 2011.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Not even two months have passed since death delivered a blow, by snatching my father away from me. I have not yet recovered from the shock.
    And today death has dealt a severe blow to me, to this community by taking away our dear member Mithila Kannan.

Mythili Narayanan (user ID: Mithila Kannan) passed away this morning. She was just 65. Her daughter called me just now to convey the news. When she told me of the high regards the kind lady had for me I could not resist my tears.

When I first saw her name I mistook her for some relative of mine and sent a pm to confirm that. She denied that she was not the person I had in mind. But that message started a life-long friendship.

Her writings had a mesmerizing quality about them. She always wrote about what normally happens in families, about the love, the hatred, the betrayals and the bickering. You will feel like peeping into the house of a real, loving family.

I regard her as the finest writer of this community and many times have said it so in the open forums.

About two, three years ago when she visited Madurai along with her DH, we invited her home. She came and had food with us conversing with us as if we were her children.

When my daughter's marriage was fixed last year I got a call from her husband LN (who is also a member of IL). He said that Mythili was in danger and nothing but prayer could save her. I opened a prayer thread and prayers started flowing in from all the ILites. She did recover.
    In December 2010 Lalitha and I visited her in her flat in Bangalore. She was constantly hooked to oxygen and yet she was very lively.
    I cam back and wrote to her that writing is the real oxygen for her. She resumed her writing though I know she had to suffer a lot while typing in the computer. And yet she did it for the love she had for all of us.

She is no more. I don't know how am I going to reconcile to this loss. IL has lost a wonderful member. I don't know how can I console the ILites? I can't even think of consoling her DH Shri Lakshminarayanan who has lost his wife while in the evening of his life.

May the Lord give him the strength. May the Lord guide Mithila Kannan's soul to the choicest place in heaven where I am sure she will continue to write about God and his love. May her soul rest in peace.

Please join me, friends, in offering prayers for the departed soul.

3 people like this.

2. rayhaan

rayhaan Bronze IL'ite

Our prayers for her family to withstand and go through her loss.
    May her soul rest in peace.

3. Ushakrishnan64

Ushakrishnan64 Silver IL'ite

May Mythili's soul rest in peace. We pray to the Lord Almighty to give immense strength to her DH & family to overcome this irreparable loss.

4. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

You gave us a blow so hard that it is hard to recover....

I still remember our interactions with her during your Bangalore visit and How LN sir was so emotional when he talked about the danger surrounding her health.

I pray let the almighty rest her soul in peace and give the family the strength to bear this heavy loss.

With you in grief & Prayer.

5. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Its really a big loss to Mythili's family and also to IL. We have lost a good writer. May her soul rest in peace and may God give strength to their family, especially to LN Sir to bear the heavy loss. Thanks to God that He gave me a chance to meet her last year in Bangalore.

6. lalithavennkat

lalithavennkat Silver IL'ite

It is very shocking to me. Though she was not well, by her writings we were with her. Since morning I was
    having a feeling that something bad is going to happen. Now I saw Mr Sridhar's thread and shocked. May her
    soul rest in Peace. I don't know what to say.

7. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

This news comes as a big blow to me. I used to frequent the Non-Fiction section to read her posts. She used to write so well. Even when she was suffering from her illness, she continued writing in the thread. Her warmth and love towards her fellow I-Lites and determination to fight her illness was reflective in all her posts. I can't believe that she's no longer with us :-( RIP Mythili Maam

8. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

This is so shocking!
    I used to love reading her threads!
    She will be missed!
    RIP Myla!

9. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

May her soul rest in peace.... she had struggled so much...

10. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

That is such a blow. I had the opportunity to correspond with Mithila Ma'am by PM. She had told me that she was constantly hooked up on Oxygen. It was in this context that I thought of her two days ago, the pain with which she still kept writing, and wondered how she was doing.

My misfortune that I did not know she was in Bangalore. Somehow I always assumed she was in Chennai. How I wish I had known, I would have had gone and met her and made her personal acquaintance. That was not meant to be.

Wishing LK sir and the family a lot of strength to face this loss. We have lost a great writer.