1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Calling all mothers with babies below 1 year....

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Aadhusmom, Nov 29, 2007.

1. bandanajha

bandanajha New IL'ite

Hello everyonetsk
    I'm bandana new to this site. i have 6 month old baby name khushi. she is my first child, so i'm very cautious about her specially her feeding. I live at Raipur with my hb and lol. she keeps me busy all the time. i want to join u all, as i always stay at home.

Attached Files:

2. dsrini

dsrini Bronze IL'ite

Hiiii

Very busy. Sridevi n Bandana :welcome. Glad to have u all. Bandana Khushi is very cute and pretty like her name.

Happy to inform u all that Aditi was very happy n went to everyone in the party. I was so happy n everyone wants to hold her n all of them asked me to drishti suthal. She was very playful n laughing all the time.

Vani n Sridevi very glad to hear that ur little one(s) are WALKING. Vanathi it will be gr8 fun to watch them sit n topple. I have lot videos of Aditi during that stage. Vanathi I took that photo coz I felt it wasn't clear but soon I will post one. Does Aadhu likes his crib? Congrats for opening ur new lab/office/shop n don't worry Aadhu will do gr8. His looks so cute in the photo.

Vani Get Well Soon n Take of care of yourself n ur littleone.

Now a days she is shouting really loud with ragam its so fun to watch but when I hold her my ears are :eek:mg:.

Just an info: For rashes(even diaper rash) apply Breast milk n let it dry. It really works.

I planning to invite friends whenever possible just for Aditi.

OK gals HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALLLLLL.

I want all of ur suggestion we r planning to take her to India next yr plz suggest best time of the yr n all preparation we need to make.
    Any Suggestion is welcome.

I goto go Bye for now.

-Dhivya

Last edited: Dec 26, 2007
  3. deiva

deiva New IL'ite

Hi moms
    Hello to everyone. My name is devi iam having4.5 months old boy baby his name is pradyun.I have started giving one spoon mashed apples,carrot,banana and somtimes raagi everyday.He rolled from tummy to back once i used to put him in tummy because his head is very flat.
    How is it going for others very busy moms?
    Iam very happy to join this group
    Happy New Year to all in advance

byebye

4. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Hi girls,
    Devi...:welcomeGreat to have you in the group! Nice to hear that Pradyun is rolling over. How are you giving the ragi? Was thinking of starting Aadhu on it.

Bandana...:welcomeKhushi is very cute! IL is a great place to meet new people...so hope you wont feel so lonely after joining us. Is Khushi sitting yet? Must be quite cold in Raipur.

Vani...hope you and Srihaas are better now.

Dhivya...thanks for the wishes and reassurance. Great that Aditi was such a good girl at the party! We havent started using the crib yet - ordered the mattress which is yet to arrive. Abt your India trip - which parts of India do you need to visit? Better to plan according to the weather where you need to go. Also the duration. Long trip or a short one? Do you need to travel a lot within India? A short trip with minimal travel after she's 1 would be better I think. What are you planning? Maybe Vani/Suneetha have done a trip already?

Lakshmi, how is Preethi doing?

What are you all planning for New Year's Eve?

Vanathi.

5. dsrini

dsrini Bronze IL'ite

HI all

Vanathi Thanks for ur reply. I will go Chennai n short trip. Main thing thats bugging me is her weight. I have seen lot of kids who lost weight after India trip also I am still BFing her n I don't want to stop coz of this trip but confused about comfortable level. Very very confused about lot of things n even thinking sending only my husband but I wanted to go for my mil coz she is very eager to her 1st grandchild. I don't want to break her heart n I don't know wat to do. When is the best time? I think March but not sure. I am sorry to confuse all of u.

HI Devi :welcome. Pradyun is a cute n unique name wats the meaning. This is a gr8 group n Glad to have u here.

Hello Vani, Lakshmi, Sridevi, Bandana AND OTHERS.

ok goto go bye.
    -Dhivya

Last edited: Dec 27, 2007
  6. pinky2

pinky2 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Vanathi,

Did you get my PM long back? Expecting your reply. Howz Aadhu? Hope u'll be having grt time with him.

Bye,
    Pinky.

7. vanisri

vanisri New IL'ite

Hi everyone,
    :welcome to Bandana and Devi to this beautiful site.
    thxs for u all guys me and Srihaas are almost recovered. Only problem with him is only food,but soon he will be ok i think.
    As Vanathi said i have been to india this summeraround june and iam there till sep. As long as u breastfeed her Dhivya it wont be any problem.And i used to boil even mineral water i am scared mainly with milk and water.And mainly keep out of resturant food u yourself because ur bf.And take sleep over alls so that they will keep away from mosquito bites.
    Srihaas was fine all time in india ones he got temperature Other wise he did fine. We did go lot of places like north Karnataka trip and then to tirupathi and Shiridi. and to my moms place,so every thing will be fine and one more thing when u go out in the car take a Ac car and keep the windows closed all the times and do take ur car seat it will help u a lot.He used to sleep in the car seat all the time in journey.
    What else happening with ur kids all these days.How are uSridevi what about siddhu and laksmi how is preethi doing.i got to go
    bye Vanisri

8. deiva

deiva New IL'ite

Hi Vanathi i do no how to prepare raagi what i do is simply mix the small raggi ballsin water and boil it i will ask my mother and let me know how is the preparation and tell u
    soak the raggi and grind it strain the milk and make the flour in ti small balls and dry in the sunlight this what i know let me confirm with my mother .how is aadhu he is rolling frequently on his own pradyun dont want to roll again he rolled once fromtummy to back i didnt see that so curiosly waiting
    hi dhivya pradyun means radiant have u finished vaccintaions then why r u getting worried abt travelling dont worry
    then how r u moms vani,lakshmi,shree,bandhana and all of u
    do tell how is ur littleones doing and making great things
    have a happy weekend and happy new year
    pradyun started crying
    bye for now

9. SreejaJitin

SreejaJitin New IL'ite

Hi All,

Myself Sreeja, My son is 2 months old. His name is 'Aditya'.

I found this thread really interesting and helpful. Want to talk for sometime, but my son somehow senses whenever I am infront of the system and starts calling me. So i have to go now. See you all later.
    Wish you all happy new year in advance!

10. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Hello everyone,

Sreeja...:welcomeYour son's name and mine have the same meaning! Anyway nice to have you on board and hope Aditya lets you tell us a little more abt yourself soon. Aadhu was the same at that age - wouldnt let me sleep/eat/talk on the phone/get online for 5 mins without starting to fuss. Do you BF? Is Aditya your first?

Devi..thanks for the info...my MIL said something similiar but she wasnt sure exactly how to go abt it. Aadhu rolled over once from back to tummy abt 10 days back and is not at all interested in rolling after that. He wants to sit now and loves holding my hand and sitting and tries to sit on his own for a few secs at a time. Also loves standing holding my hands. I've kind of given up on the rolling. Lots of people tell me that he will probably not crawl much but will walk early because of this. Lets see...

Dhivya...if its only Chennai then March will be the beginning of the "hot'" season. My recommendation would be after Oct, esp. Nov/Dec/Jan when weather is nice. But if thats too far off for you then definitely before April (ie. you should aim to leave Chennai before April starts). You DO NOT want to be here in the "hottest" bit. As Vani says you should be ok with BFing and some home-made solids and boiled water for Aditi. Definitely a sleep-suit would be great - i use one for Aadhu every night and it really keeps the mosquitoes away. Also does your MILs house have an A/C bedroom? That will help her sleep well at night. I dont know abt a car seat and whether it will fit in whatever car you use here. But try to keep any outside trips to a minimum. Does your MIL want a 'mottai' for Aditi while you are here? Whatever you decide dont worry. With a few precautions you can have a great trip and your ILs will be so happy. I'll let you know if I think of anything else.

Have a good wknd everyone!

Vanathi.