How much can you earn from Content Writing?

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by vandanarajesh, Jan 12, 2010.

1. nlh

nlh New IL'ite

Hi vadana

Thank u so much for ur valuable information.

I have registered with freelance .com.I want to know how payments r given.Do we hv to register somewhere else and link that with the freelance site.

Thnks
    Meera

2. angelrobert

angelrobert New IL'ite

Initially you can earn somewhere between Rs.8000 to Rs.10000 from Freelance content writing. It depends on the quality of content and the number of words you can deliver per day. Fresh content writers are paid Rs.0.10 to 0.2 per word (as far as I know). This amount will gradually increase with experience. Register yourself with timesjobs, oDesk, rentacoder, and other such sites with an attractive CV describing your writing skills with a Caption that says you are a Freelance Writer. You will be contacted by recruiters. ALL THE BEST.

1 person likes this.
  3. soumyapr

soumyapr Senior IL'ite

Hello, I am very new to this field and I am looking for an entry into content writing world. I applied for many jobs but because I do not have any valuable work experience I am not getting any jobs.

How can I build a portfolio of writing samples? I have been applying for content writing and appeared for some interviews in bangalore. I want to begin with writing product descriptons as it seems easier than churning out new articles on different topics. Can you share some points about writing product descriptions? I have also started bidding on freelance work sites as freelance writer for product descriptions but no luck yet.

I am at a loss when I think about writing something and submitting it to ezines etc. Can you please guide me how to choose a topic and write a article which will be accepted in these sites.

I have good language skills but my problem is I do not have any kind of industry work experience and so generating unique content on specialized topics becomes a problem.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2011
  4. soumyapr

soumyapr Senior IL'ite

Hi please anyone can answer my question above. Thanks

5. Mizhipoo

Mizhipoo New IL'ite

@soumya....

If have no epxerience in copywriting , best idea is to write about soemthing u know may soemthing for ladies.. make sure you are not copying from other articles.. write ur own.... unique articles and submit them.. there are many article website like ezine.. read this book its a very good one and inspriring one

Web Copy That Sells The Revolutionary Formula for Creating Killer Copy Every Time

6. outofthebox

outofthebox Platinum IL'ite

Hi Vandana,

I was looking for details on content writing, and your short & crisp writeup looks to the point ! I would like to know if you can guide me more on content writing. my profession is kind of related to language,but as most of the working moms deal with the "need to take care of my kid" syndrome, same is the case with me as well...and since I think I have a fairly good command over English, am contemplating on whether taking up content writing could be of any use, as I want to work from home and also be able to spend some time with my kiddo.....

your guidance would definitely be helpful ! your small writeup says it all, but then, if you can provide some more info on sites or courses that can help to do content writing, thought it would be useful......

cheers !

7. ashobiz

ashobiz New IL'ite

If anyone interested in Content writing please PM me... i have lots of content writing work...

PM me with your price...

1 person likes this.
  8. nilasisu

nilasisu Bronze IL'ite

Mlm bussiness

hi im started doing business.i have to join the people under me.joining is free we have to sell the products.by that me and my joiners will get incentives.everyone can do MULTI LEVEL MARKETING BUSSINESS and earn money.but the company should not be fake.

thanks

9. Soumya pr, I think the best way for you to find a subject is to look within. Ask yourself regarding the subject that you like, it is best to make use of your strengths. Anything from an article on cooking, interesting for women to product review (anything that you have used and found interesting), book review or your opinion on current issues can be a subject to write on. Submitting to ezines or on forums like this or starting a blog of your own would work in your favour when it comes to submitting samples of your writing.

10. Re: Mlm bussiness

Dear outofthebox,
    There are a series of articles on work from home as a content writer that I have done on this forum. I am sure if you go through all those articles you will find the info you need. Content writing as a work from home career definitely is a nice way to work from home and also be there for your family. After going thru the set of articles if you still need any help pl do feel free to ask me.