Suggestions on maternity Clothes!!!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by anu586, Apr 11, 2006.

1. arohilla18

arohilla18 New IL'ite

Re: pregnancy dresses

ya, try KOHLS, BURLINGTON FACTORY DRESSES

2. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

Motherhood Maternity is a good store. Their clearance section has good deals. Target and Kohls also have a decent maternity collection, though sometimes on the expensive side.

I bought a lot of wrap dresses from Kohls. They served me well till the end of my pregnancy and beyond.

Chaps Tribal Knot-Front Dress

Derek Heart Crochet-Trim Dragonfly Maxi Dress

axcess Abstract Peasant Dress

Liz Lange® for Target® Maternity Ruffle Short-Sleeve Empire Dress : Target=

Mossimo® Black Women's Kimono Sleeve Maxi Dress - Turquoise : Target=

3. kalaprabha

kalaprabha Silver IL'ite

You can find maternity pants in Motherhood maternity,Destination maternity etc which specializes on them.

You can go upto 2nd trimester with your normal pants unbuttoned and a bella band worn on the tummy which is soft and strechable and holds the pants.Bella band is available in Target also.

Tops i didnt find worth buying at maternity store.Normal tops with little loose fitting and different cuts will do.Ex:(empire waist).I didnt mean to buy one size extra.

Kala

4. DrKadambari

DrKadambari Gold IL'ite

You would be able to find a section for Maternity clothes in famous shops. Usually these are way too higher in price than usual ones.

Pls dont buy Large to XL sizes it would look too awkward for office.
    In maternity section there would be sizes starting from XS to XL where those would be desinged to fit pregnancy tummy. Try out ans see which fits, make sure its not skin hugging or too tight.

OTher than skirts you would also get Jeans with a stretchable cloth above the waist (on the tummy) attached to Jeans which holds the jeans properly.

5. saisai

saisai New IL'ite

thank you everyone.
    i got lot of information now, i am going to stores now...
    hope i will get good dresses:thumbsup

6. barbies

barbies Senior IL'ite

FOUND some maternity for cheap at GARDEN RIDGE. its a home decor store but u'll find tons of clothes for all age groups.

The other place is BURLINGTON COAT FACTORY..not as expensive for maternity clothes as in Motherhood and other name brand stores.

7. deepanair

deepanair Senior IL'ite

Re: Shopping for maternity dress..

I too had a hard time shopping for maternity dresses. Here are a few tips in general-

1) don't do all your maternity shopping together. Your size would change a lot esp the bras etc. So I picked up a few things in the 3-4 month and the rest in the 6th month.

2) In the maternity sizes buy your regular size- for ex- if you r small then ur maternity dress size would also be small. I ended up buying medium but found them too big and ill fitting.

3) In US, try stores like old navy- affordable and casual dresses. I picked up tops and skirt.
    - JC penny would has a few good options in the 15-25 price range. I picked up a pair of jeans, cargo pants and tees from there.
    - My fav so far is long tees/ tunics with leggings, really comfortable.

As I am growing bigger I am also looking for over alls to wear. Does anyone know where to find them?

Deepa

8. victori

victori New IL'ite

You can also go for e.Bay. It is easy to get good stuff in less prices there.

9. mituyadav

mituyadav Platinum IL'ite

I got a formal pant from Jcpenny & a tunic ( style & co brand ) from Macys last weekend. Didnt find any good stuff in kohls.. Yet to explore Old navy & target.

10. Aalina

Aalina New IL'ite

If you are looking for good quality and stylish maternity dresses then you can check the online stores.