1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Need suggestions for a good sunscreen

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by Ramar, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Ramar

Ramar Silver IL'ite

Hi IL,
    I found many useful beauty tips in this forum and wanted suggestions for me to get a good sun screen. I have a very sensitive skin which reacts to many cosmetic products. The only cosmetic that i could use without reactions is Cetaphil face wash.:)-(). Of Late i started developing lot of Open pores on my cheeks, after going thru many sites found that 'not using proper sun protection' might aggrevate this problem, and i do roam in sun with a 'just like that ' face.
    So ladies, please suggest me a good sun screen lotion (combinational, sensitive skin)

Thanks!
    Rama

2. dilnawaz

dilnawaz Bronze IL'ite

Have you tried neutrogena or sebamed's products ? For open pores you can apply ice to close pores and even fullers earth "multani mitti" pack to close pores. Avoid steaming as it opens pores...

3. helenwlsn5

helenwlsn5 New IL'ite

You can use "LOTUS sunscreen lotion" or "LAKME sun screen lotion". But when buying , make sure that the sun screen lotion is having the SPF 30 and above.

4. Roopakala

Roopakala New IL'ite

yes ,sunscreen is very important

5. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi have you tried any of the biotique products? My skin is also very sensitive but using biotique didnt break me out. Recetely started using biotique sandalwood sunscreen with SPF 50, its good. I am using it on face too, but didnt give pimples or acne. Have heard lakme sunscreen cause darkening of skin after long use, heard this from my friends who have used it and also long back an aunty,who runs a salon, also told me same.

6. vasavi84

vasavi84 New IL'ite

Hi... Even i have oily/combination skin. I tried neutrogena spf50 dry sunblock...it did not give me pimples.But when the climate is too hot... it was making my face too oily... otherwise its a safe bet...
    Now I am using Suncros gel spf26 gel(for oily skin )... + revlon photoready face powder...even in the hot climate it is not making my face too oily...

7. Ramar

Ramar Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    Thanks for ur suggestions..and i am trying out Ice and multani matti and it helps a lot. Would try to get a neutrogena sun screen.

8. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi...
    Mine too is a very sensitive skin...lakme dint help me much...it was oily and created lot of pores on my skin eventhough it did a good sunscreen job....
    i have started using LOTUS SPF 40 sunscreen ,using it for more than a year now....no issues on skin,great work against sun and not oily either....and have recommended to close to 5-6 people after i got good results....all of them said it was great....
    so i recommend LOTUS brand...as someone else here has pointed,its better to get more than 30SPF....
    All the best!!!!!!!

1 person likes this.
  9. jaya18752002

jaya18752002 Silver IL'ite

10. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

thanks for your likes Ramar