Schools in chennai

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by jothi, Dec 2, 2006.

1. SubhaIyer

SubhaIyer New IL'ite

Hi Kanaka, could you please let me know the admission process for Arsha Vidya Mandir - when are the applications given out, results announced, selection criteria, how easy it is to get an admission for 1st STD / pre-kg.

Thanks,
    Subha.

2. AkilaT

AkilaT Junior IL'ite

Hello Ladies,
    I just joined the forum. I was going through all the information you guys have put up over here and its very nice to see how everyone has gone out of their way to help others.
    We are planning to move to Chennai - Anna Nagar next year May2012 . Does anybody know about the Chennai Public school in A.Ngr. How is it, do they give lot of homework,student teacher ratio and the fees. I have two daughter who will be 11 and 5.5 next year ready to go to 6th and 1st grade. How is the entrance test.
    Thx in advance for ur input.
    Akila

3. JeniFlora

JeniFlora Gold IL'ite

hi Shanvy,

I have gone through your post regarding vels vidhyashram school

do you have any updated news about this school as I am going to put my daughter in pre-kg in 2012 batch

How about the fee structure, academics and extra curricular activities

I am staying near to this school (1 km radius)

jeni

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Jeni,

I don't have the fee structure..but recently i heard not so satisfactory comments about the school that the children are not so comfortable in communication and also academics..this from the mother of a 10th standard..so again it could differ with each parent, because i heard from another set of people that they like the school for the extra curricular and academics.. the fees is higher compared to the other schools in the area.

but i somehow feel the school needs a little more neatness, though the roads has widened and the area is populated particularly during the rainy season.

But worth giving a try. all the best

5. JeniFlora

JeniFlora Gold IL'ite

thanks your reply..

I know SSM is good.. but not ready to send my kid to that much distance.

Wt abt vivekanada.. I know it is academically good. wt abt in extra curricular activities

6. vijjianand

vijjianand Junior IL'ite

Hi ladies,
    Today I was talking to some parents of the kids who go to pre-kg along with my kid. I was taken aback to hear that Harishree vidyalayam charges 2.5 lacs as donation. I myself paid 75 k as donation for chettinad for my first kid 4 years ago. But this amount shocks me. What do you think ladies?

Regards,
    Viji

7. sowraj

sowraj Bronze IL'ite

And heard sunshine takes 60-75K donation... now this figure that you quoted for harishree really makes me wonder if our society still thinks providing education as a service or not

8. nnarmadha

nnarmadha Platinum IL'ite

Feedback about Pon Vidyashram in kolapakkam, Porur

Hi All,

Could please suggest your feeback about pon vidyashram school in Kolapakkam,Porur? I am planning to put my daughter in Pre K.G. Also, let me know the cut off date for the same.

9. indumathy_77

indumathy_77 New IL'ite

Hi

Can you please update about the best schools in Velachery/Adyar in terms of academics and extra curricular activities? My daughter will be in 6th grade..In which grade do they start Sanskrit as second language?

Thanks
    Indu

10. vethasenthil

vethasenthil New IL'ite

which is the best school in chennai