Buying / Selling Land - Related Queries

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by kshema, Oct 3, 2011.

1. kshema

kshema Bronze IL'ite

legal advice please

please take time to read and help me.I need important suggestion, please help me, My mother took 1 lakh loan for my aunt(my mothers sister) 15 yrs back, that have 2 own houses in bangalore. from 10-15 years my mother is supporting her sister financially as my mother is govt employee. 15 yrs back site rates were very less, they dint return one lakh rupees back, they told my mother we will not return the money, instead you construct house in first floor, we will write that house to your name like that they told. we r not in condition to construct house at that time,
    please take time to read and help me.I need important suggestion, please help me, My mother took 1 lakh loan for my aunt(my mothers sister) 15 yrs back, that have 2 own houses in bangalore. from 10-15 years my mother is supporting her sister financially as my mother is govt employee. 15 yrs back site rates were very less, they dint return one lakh rupees back, they told my mother we will not return the money, instead you construct house in first floor, we will write that house to your name like that they told. we r not in condition to construct house at that time, now just 2 years back again my mother invested nearly 6-7 lakhs((from loan, lic gold) to my autns daughters marriage and for some other things . they have house but financially they are not much good as only one person is working 5-6 persons are simply sitting at home. they have 3 children two girls are married but they are staying in mothers home only. Now focefully my mother constructed home in first floor and that is not transfered to my mothers name and the site value for 30-40 is nearly 25-30 lakhs in that area. my mother struggeled a lot in life. i want my mother to stay happy, 15 yrs back my aunt told for (1 lakh rupee) construct home in first floor, now for 6-7 lskhs also same thing. i dont know what to do?? my question is 1) is it possible to make WILL for my mothers home for only first floor house??
    or can we ask them to write half site to my mothers name???
    Please help me out. We dont have any body fo our support.
    now just 2 years back again my mother invested nearly 6-7 lakhs((from loan, lic gold) to my autns daughters marriage and for some other things . they have house but financially they are not much good as only one person is working 5-6 persons are simply sitting at home. they have 3 children two girls are married but they are staying in mothers home only. Now focefully my mother constructed home in first floor and that is not transfered to my mothers name and the site value for 30-40 is nearly 25-30 lakhs in that area. my mother struggeled a lot in life. i want my mother to stay happy, 15 yrs back my aunt told for (1 lakh rupee) construct home in first floor, now for 6-7 lskhs also same thing. i dont know what to do?? my question is 1) is it possible to make WILL for my mothers home for only first floor house??
    or can we ask them to write half site to my mothers name???
    Please help me out. We dont have any body fo our support.

2. shaishav

shaishav Silver IL'ite

Re: legal advice please

Hi,

This may not be the right forum for your query.

You can post your query in Lawyersclubindia - Law, Lawyers, Advocates, Law Firms,Legal Help, Legal Experts,Judgements, Social Network for Lawyers, Legal Community, Law Help, Indian Lawyers. This is the right forum where you can get genuine legal advice.

Regards,

Shaishav

3. Dibu

Dibu Bronze IL'ite

buying land

Hi

We are planning to buy a land as an investment. Could you please advice what factors should i consider before choosing a land.

Thanks in advance
    dibu

4. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

Re: buying land

Land in the sense plots? if it is, then in avinashi road is the place to search. Chinniyampalayam, neelambur are the places which can appreciate later- because airport expansion stalled real estate development in the right side of Avanashi road. Also, the new Coimbatore-mettupalayam byepass is moving via these places, so i consider buying plots there as a good investment.

5. prabug

prabug Junior IL'ite

Yes, you need to post these kinds of legal questions in some legal forums.

Before choosing an advocate, ask for recommendations from your friends/relatives. Don't pick any random advocate.

6. prabug

prabug Junior IL'ite

Re: buying land

1. Check documents for legal issues clearly.
    2. Don't buy in a hurry. Do necessary verifications from neighbors, VAO, and others regarding the area, ground water, nearby infrastructure and other future developments.
    3. There are many threads in IL related to buying/selling land. Read them to gain knowledge. Also visit other real estate boards to gain more knowledge.
    4. Make sure that the broker is not increasing the price and you are dealing with a genuine person.

7. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

Will is executed after the death of the person who makes the will. Instead ask your aunt to transfer the first floor or half of the site on your mom's name as a gift. This will be valid , if and only if, the land is her self-earned property and is registered in her name. If she inherited the land, then her kids will also have a say in the transfer of the land. If any of her legal heirs will object to this later on, this will become a huge headache for you guys.

As others suggested, go to a good lawyer to get the docs done.

8. Mellow

Mellow New IL'ite

Buying Land in India - Seller showing less Amount on Sale Deed

Hi Friends,

I am buying a land in India on my mother's name. My mom is making a Gift Deed for me and when I go to India I will get the Land Transfered to my name. The seller is selling a lot of plots, he has kinda made a community. I am buying a 30*40 Plot and he said the total cost would be 18 Lakhs. He has told my Mother that he will not be showing the full 18 Lakhs on the Sale Deed Papers but will only show 5 Lakhs on papers and remaining amount we are required to pay him in cash. He will not give in writing nor will he mention any where about the cash we pay him.

He is selling all his plots in such way and told my mom that he is stating less amount the Sale Deed to avoid paying heavy Taxes during land sale.

He is a trusted person and already many of his plots have been sold. But my worry is, will it affect me at the time of me selling this Land. I am buying the land for investment purposes and if I would wanna sell the land say after 5 or 10 years, then will I be in trouble coz the purchaser would think I paid only 5 Laks for the land ( as per the sale deed ) where in actually I am paying 18 Lakhs for it.

Will selling the land be a problem ? Has anybody bought land in such scenario ?

My mom told me that these days lands are being sold in such fashion in India to avoid taxes. And she thinks that selling the land later would not be a problem coz regardless of what amount is stated in the Sale Deed, I can sell it for the then evaluated price of the land. What do you guys think ?

Anybody gone through this ?

Appreciate your advice and help.

Thanks,
    Mellow

9. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

Re: Buying Land in India - Seller showing less Amount on Sale Deed

It has become a trend in India to show lesser value in the sale deed to avoid paying high registration costs. But when you are making the sale deed make sure that the price is a little more than the guidance value of that land.

The seller might not agree to mention it in the sale deed which will be registered but there will be a sale agreement before you make the payment and the registration. You can ask him to mention it in that agreement just to be sure.

Your mom is right. This will not affect the selling price of your land. When you are selling the land, you sell it by the market price of the land at that time but not by your purchase price. So dont worry about it. You can sell you land for the market price of your plot at that time.

10. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Buying / Selling Land - Related Queries