Need info regarding pooja at Sri kalahasti

Discussion in 'Andhra Pradesh' started by dolly21, Oct 6, 2011.

1. dolly21

dolly21 Senior IL'ite

Hi all,

Myself and my husband have kaalasarpa dosham in our jatakam.our astrologer told to go kalahasti and do kalasarpa dosha nivaran pooja.that is Rahu ketu pooja.This is the first time I will be going to kalahasti.can any one tell me which time and which day is good to perform this pooja?Also please tell me where to buy all the pooja items and also are there any rules to be followed after that pooja.I heard that after doing that pooja we should come home and should not visit any temples.for how many days we should not visit temple?

Please let me know what all things we need to do after going there.
    I want know your personal experiences if anybody really relieved from problems after doing this pooja.
    I am really facing lot of problems.Please give me clear information regarding this pooja.:bonk

2. sasidhar

sasidhar New IL'ite

Dear Dolly,
    All pooja items will be supplied by temple authorities .you have to buy a ticket.It is good to perform this pooja on mondays during Rahukalam.It is not that you should not visit any temple,you can go to any temples but not to visit any others houses.you should go back to the same house from where you have started.
    Sasidhar

3. dolly21

dolly21 Senior IL'ite

Hi sasidhar,

Thanks for your reply.I have doubts please clarify.

Do they perform the pooja only during Rahu kaalam or through out the day?

After returning from the temple you mentioned that we should not go to other houses.So how many days we should not go to other houses?

Please clarify my doubts.

4. sandy17

sandy17 New IL'ite

Hi Dolly,

Regarding puja they will perform all the day,rahu kethu pooja starts from Early hours say (7 A.M -6P.M).

Sindhu

5. sushmavja

sushmavja Platinum IL'ite

dolly,
    we should not go to any one else's house after coming from that temple.if you go from ur house u should return to your house only.if at all you have to go to some other place you can go to some shiva temple and from there you can proceed to others house.i remember going to a temple bfore going to my mama's place.also i suggest you go in the coming Kartika Masam on a Monday or Karthika Pournami which i suggest would be the best
    the pooja is done usually in the morning time.tickets are available outside.be aware of the people in the ticket counter.pay only the price of the ticket as they cheat you saying if you pay so and so amt extra they vil take you directly to the pooja but no..they vil leave you at the place where the queue starts thats it..
    i have been there thrice and really regret going there bcos of the pujaris and temple concerned people but had to go out of some mokkus..be extra cautious here.the poojaris at patala vinayaka temple are like!!better to stop here i guess..

6. sandy17

sandy17 New IL'ite

Hi dolly,

And one more i want say after purchasing the ticket for particular time,you will move with the ticket in que, which takes you to rahu kethu pooja mandapam.Along with the ticket they will give puja material.By sitting in rahu kethu pooja mandapam,Pujari will instruct how to do pooja with that material.So many people will be there in the hall along with us to do the same pooja.

Sindhu

7. sasidhar

sasidhar New IL'ite

Dear Dolly,
    you can visit any temple it does nt matter.After going to temple you can visit any home.during karthika masam there will be heavy rush if are able to copeup with the rush you can visit.otherwise on any other day,doing pooja on rahukalam is good.as other friend told do not pay single rupee to any body.

Sasidhar

8. dolly21

dolly21 Senior IL'ite

Sushma, Sandy & Sasidhar

Thanks a lot for all your info.I also need some information about Swetarka Ganapathi idol.Many say that doing pooja to Swetark ganapati removes all the negative effects and gives peaceful life.I want to purchase one,but don't have any idea where they are available.I saw in may online sites that sell this idol.But I want to know any shops in Hyderabad that sell this Swetark Ganapathi idols.Also please let me know if there is any good website that sells genuine idol of Swetarka Ganapathi.

9. sasidhar

sasidhar New IL'ite

Dear Dolly,
    I do not know about Ganesha idol what you are looking for.when you are visiting kalahasti for pooja you can make it a point to visit Kanipakam temple famous for ganehsa temple.I think there you may find the idol which you are looking for.there are lots of shops outside temple selling all kind of Ganeshas.
    Sasidhar

10. taflon

taflon New IL'ite

hiii..anyone plz help me,a panditji told me 2 do dis puja and he also told me that this puja will b happen at late night between 3 am to 6 pm and i cnt go any other place after dis puja for 6 hours. i have to reside in my hotel room. and a particular mahurut is dere 4 dis puja that is 29 october or 10 december 2012. in anyone of dis 2 days i have to do this puja.plz help me,i m in deep trouble..plz rply me guys plzz