We R2I and again R2A...

Discussion in 'Return to India' started by meena2, Oct 13, 2011.

1. meena2

meena2 Senior IL'ite

Hello Ladies,

We R2I last year and lived in India for 16months. Life was going on good. Children had fun and kind of started liking the life there. Unfortunately, dh was unable to find a suitable job back there and we returned back to US about couple of months . We are US citizens and so the move back to US was pretty smooth.
    I am finding it hard to come to terms with this reality in life. Even after 2 months of returning to US, I still feel we are here for short term. We have nothing at home now. We disposed/sold/donated off all our belongings and now we are back to buying stuff. It is unbearable and hurting to me too much. I have lost all interest in material goods and hate shopping for them.
    My mind is still restless and I have started feeling down and depressed looking back on how we thought we plannned our move so well but everything went washed down the drain.
    With all this life in US, I still feel that longing to live in India. I dont understand what destiny has in store for us.

My thinking is blocked and my heart feels heavy seeing how things turned out so bad for us. We thought we planned perfectly but little did we anticipate this.
    Please respond to my post.

2. joshila

joshila Bronze IL'ite

Dear meena,
    I have no big words to console. But only thing i would like to say is time is the healer. And JUST remember whatever happens , happens for good. I strongly believe in this. So maybe destiny has something good for you here, we do not know. But instead of brooding over whats happened , enjoy the present.
    I'm sure you would be feeling homesick. Try to divert yourself, in setting your new house. Try to make the home environment positive, so that your dh &kids will feel more happier than guilty.

Maybe your dh can sometime in future too , try for a job. Who knows.live the present and leave the rest to God.Chillout!

1 person likes this.
  3. aryanlady

aryanlady Junior IL'ite

Wow, you are a stong lady.. Doing a shift one time is tedious and nerve-racking. You have done it twice. I am sure you will have the strength to make the move successful. Since you are citizen, going back again is not something that's never going to happen. So, be at peace with your current decision.. Think of things in USthat you missed doing and cheer up. Good luck.

4. sjsheila

sjsheila New IL'ite

Dear Meena,

I read your post. I am also in the same boat as you are.
    We R2I in 2008 and we are back here in 2009, we lost home, credit history etc. We are slowly recovering now. ( I am looking it in the positive way and This instance help me to recognize our true friends and many other things. Though sometimes I feel depressed for 1 or 2 days and again try to think about the positive things and will recover soon.)

Try to occupy with your work and talk to your friends, enjoy with your kids.

Think only about the positive things that will make you happy here.

All the Best.

5. Subhaganesh

Subhaganesh Gold IL'ite

be happy and try to avoid thinking about past.. whatever happened is good for you.. be positive...

6. meena2

meena2 Senior IL'ite

Thank you Joshila. I am trying to remain calm and positive especially not letting out my emotions in front of children.

7. meena2

meena2 Senior IL'ite

That is the only hope I am living with now. May be if not sooner but later when kids grow up we may plan to move back since we have our house back in India.

8. meena2

meena2 Senior IL'ite

I truly sympathise your situation which is much like ours and also admire at the way you guys are trying to spring back. Your post was so much inspiring to me. Thank you.
    And one thing I have noticed is exactly has you have mentioned....true friends.
    When we were here there were a bunch of them but since our trip back only 2 of them are actually calling me .
    The rest of them even if I try to make contact, it seems to me they are avoiding.

I feel extremely depressed some days and sometimes feel so angry at myself too.

9. meena2

meena2 Senior IL'ite

It is HARD not to think of the past though I am trying to avoid. I feel so lonely and sad and sometimes just feel like crying. We have lost so much money in this move and things did not work out at all.
    It feels like we have tried a foolish thing but again console myself saying atleast we have tried something.

I am proud of my children with the resilience they have shown in this moves. I also feel lot guilty for having put them through all this.

I just feel lonely and sad sometimes extremely angry at myself.

10. sjsheila

sjsheila New IL'ite

Yeah me too

I feel they behave when we had 2 homes and now we are n apt. and they are reacting and treating us differently . Sometimes even by word they talk differently which I never knew before.

I too was much hurt by this behaviour , but it is very good that I know their means.