Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 4)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Pragadha

Pragadha Senior IL'ite

Dear chithrama,

I made pav bhaji today and it was really tasty. Today my friend asked me about preparing cutlets and i thought her ur recepie as it is always there in my mind(by gods grace i didnt forget it). Then she called me in afternoon and said it had the real smell of cutlets and it is one the best cutlets she ever made. :) I was very happy as if i have created the recepie.

thanks for the wonderful work ma,
    with love,
    latha.

2. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Mami,
    Yesterday I made Coconut milk-vegetable kuzambu- Thirunelveli Sodhi after a long time. It was yummy and we almost drank the whole :).

Today I made Cashew Biscuits. Though a repeat, I wanted to show you the pic. It came out so 'gundu gundu'..Since I do not have food processor, I beat the butter and sugar really well and then folded in the maida and cashew powder. But thats what I always do. I was so happy aat the way it came out this time...just as happy as I was, when made it the first time ...with those lines on those cookies :-D.

Thanks .

IMG_1472.JPG

11 people like this.
  3. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Shobana,from the day I posted Gobi Simla Mirc, it has been tried by many!! A lucky recipe! :biggrin2:
    Next I want to try channa, the South Indian way since there is no photo in it - I need it for my apps!!
    Thanks.

4. Chitvish

Saras, unbelievable, super yummy looking butter biscuits! Do spare with us any simple treick you followed!!:bowdown
    I remember your writing once that yours is a big oven too!!
    Perhaps, you refrigerated the dough??
    Now, a request. Benne biscuits has no photo. Why not you try it & send me a lovly photo, a la yor style???:hide:

5. Chitvish

Chammandi powder tastes best with curd rice!! Ialways end up maing it when there is excess coconut!
    Thanks for your second para!! :thumbsup

6. Chitvish

Yes, Latha, you
    "re created" cutlet recipe for her!! Take the credit happily!!
    Pav bhaji masala creates an aura to that dish & just lifts it up!!

7. hridhaya

hridhaya Gold IL'ite

Dear Chitrama,

I made Maida dosa for dinner. This is the first time I tasted it. Liked it so much. Never knew these simple dosas have great taste. Feels good.

Lijo,
    you overly tempted me with your vadai FBs. I stopped on the way from work at an eatery and pick up some medhu vadais. They did not have masal vadais :( :(

I have become a great foodie these days. I act like a thirsty man who found water :)

1 person likes this.
  8. damini

damini Gold IL'ite

Dear Chitramma,
    Yesterday after a long time made MW Carrot curry, very easy but very tasty,with venthaya kuzhambu & MW ed appalam, it was a superb dinner:thumbsupThanks for such easy recipes.
    During navaratri one of my mom's friend had made a 'rava kesari' for neiveidhyam .But on tasting it had the flavour of milk but texture of suji, I was wondering what it was.Yesterday I was browsing thru Jiffy cooking thread & saw the Suji Halwa recipe. Now I know what it is! :biggrin2:
    Love,
    Damini.

9. lijo

lijo Silver IL'ite

Dear Vahee

Thanks for the tip... will definitely try it. Will post a FB as soon as i do. But the fact is that I'm hardly tempted to buy non veg these days... My husband rightly says, 'If vegetarian food can be this tasty, who wants non veg!' How true. The eggs that I bought last weekend are still lying in the fridge :-(

1 person likes this.
  10. lijo

lijo Silver IL'ite

Dear Saraswathi

Amazing picture of the cashew biscuits...so tempting Definitely adding to my list. Congrats on getting it this professionally done :thumbsup

1 person likes this.