1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dry hair solutions for my 3 year old.

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by cuties, Oct 12, 2011.

1. cuties

cuties Bronze IL'ite

The reason I am opening this as a new topic is because I'm not sure the remedies that work for dry hair in adults can be used for kids as well? Also, would like some easy remedies as my 3 year old DD refuses the messy ones. Her hair is very dry. I wash it once a week only after oiling with coconut/olive oil for couple of hours, but it has not been helping at all. Her hair remains dry specially the ends. I use a natural baby/kids shampoo and kids leave -in -conditioner, but by evening, her ends are dry again. Thanks in advance.

2. chandni1987

chandni1987 Bronze IL'ite

Hi cuties.
    As long as you use gentle kids products or natural products, they should be all right for your daughter's hair. Try to look for kids shampoo designed for dry hair. Oiling is good as well. you can oil your DD's hair and plait it for a day so oil moisturizes the hair for longer. Just make sure the oils you use are moisturizing not just lubricating the hair. Few times a week you can try to massage her head gently to encourage the scalp to produce natural oils.
    You can check this link for some home remedies for kids dry hair Home Remedies for a Child's Dry Hair | eHow.com
    If the ends are really damaged you should trim them. Just cut about 1/4 of an inch to an inch all over the entire head.Repeat the trim in 3 weeks. Then repeat again. The new hair growth should be much healthier, and the texture should have changed for the better.
    And in addition to caring for your child’s hair externally, make sure she drinks enough water to hydrate her body internally. Please incorporate more green vegetables and fruits to wage her growing body with natural vitamins. A good source of vitamins for healthy hair, skin and nails are Vitamin E, A, & D. When you take the time to love your child’s hair it will respond by getting thicker, healthier and longer. And her hair texture should become softer and shinier as well.
    If after this her scalp and hair remain very dry you should make sure there's no health issue involved. But I hope everything will get better and you'll soon enjoy your daughter's soft and shiny hair :)