1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Online petition to allow those on H4 visas to work- sign up and make your voice heard

Discussion in 'H4 Indian Ladies' started by Sheena11, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Sheena11

Sheena11 New IL'ite

Hi,

Some of you may have heard of "We, the People", (https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petition-tool/) an online petition tool for people in the US to petition the US government for policy changes they want to see made. This is a genuine website run by the US government and is not spam.

A new petition was created yesterday on this site. The intent of the petition is to request a change in immigration regulations and allow people on H4 visas to legally work in the US. For any petition to be forwarded to the White House, it needs to have at least 5,000 signatures collected in 30 days. There are 406 signatures on the petition already (within a day of the petition being created). If a petition gets enough support, White House staff will review it, ensure it’s sent to the appropriate policy experts, and issue an official response.

If you would like to support this cause, then sign the online petition at https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petition-tool/petition/allow-h-4-visa-member-work-legally/N7wKxBpN and make your voice heard. Pass it on to like minded friends as well.

Maybe if the issue is brought up enough times and receives enough support, the policy might change and qualified spouses of H1 visa holders won't be forced by H4 regulations to give up their careers...we can always hope :). I'm going to sign the petition and hope you will too.

Cheers,
    Sheena

2. ranj23

ranj23 New IL'ite

3. pranam

pranam Senior IL'ite

Re: Online petition to allow those on H4 visas to work- sign up and make your voice h

Really Nice Sheena that you chose this platform to spread the word and awareness.

You and I understand the value of it as we have gone through all the restrictions that comes with a dependent visa

Look at it from their point of view.We have almost 10% unemployment rates in the country.How would this petition benefit the unemployment in the economy.Rather would it not add to the woes if they gave work permits to H-4's

Much as I support the cause , I do not think the reason stated in this petition in strong enough."Well qualified H-1 do not choose to stay " - So What. A couple of people here and there is like a drop in the ocean.There are hundreds others who will stay.We need to come up with a solid reason how this would benefit the economy - how does it ensure that we are not stealing away their jobs and increasing unemployment rates.Until then - I don't think much can happen :(. We can just hope :(

Not being pessimistic just realistic !!!!