1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Calling all mothers with babies below 1 year....

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Aadhusmom, Nov 29, 2007.

1. shree

shree Silver IL'ite

hi all,

i have a 9 month old baby girl. who is becoming hyper active everydday. praying for patience everyday.

2. dsrini

dsrini Bronze IL'ite

Hi Gals

Sorry Very busy thats y no post. Thanks everyone for ur compliments. Thanks Vanathi for answering my question. Such a lovely group thanks Vanathi for starting. I have time to read but no time to post. Aditi is trying to crawl and playing a lot. I have started grinding cooked dal along with veggies (without rice ) she likes it(when compared to with rice). What r the veggies recommended for her month? I am giving Beans, Carrot, Peas n Broccoli

Vanisri thats so nice of u to send that portrait offer but unfortunately that store is not in our place.

Lakshmi, Preethi is so lovely, her eyes r so cute. Plz do drushti suthal. I love to keep kajal but I don't have one n my mom said sometimes they may get allergic to that(all Aditi's cousin got allergy coz of that) but I love it. What is right month to put krishnar vesham(to dress like lord krishna)? I planning to put once she starts walking but my cousin insists me on doing that now.
    What do u guys suggest and what r u all planning for ur kids?

How to do Drushti suthal here? we usually take salt and pepper n will rotate 3 times clockwise and 3 times anticlockwise. But any other suggestion and also which is the perfect day for doing that?

Ok Got to go out will talk to u all later. Bye for now.

All new friends(busy mom):welcome

Take care.
    -Dhivya

Last edited: Dec 15, 2007
  3. CSLakshmi3005

CSLakshmi3005 New IL'ite

Hi all!
    Thxs a lot a for ur compliments yes vanathi is is still the same.. exp that she has grown..
    Welcome Shree! wats ur baby name??
    Vanathi.. nice to know ur name's meaning..
    and yes started giving Preethi Cerelac rice.. and yes she shows faces as though she is glumpling down some think bitter..
    Divya..
    will do Dirsti sutal.. my mom usually does it with kapooram..
    yes even i would love to dress up my baby in diffrent ways..
    planning to do it in next navaratri.. let c

Take Care..
    Bye

4. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Hi girls,
    Hope you all had a good weekend - must have been busy judging from the fact that none of us have posted! I had an ordinary Sat (DH works on Sats) and a super-busy Sunday as we had a function to attend at DH's aunts place 30 mins away. I was a bit anxious as to how Aadhu would react to the crowd (he was passed around amongst some 20 -30 people) but he enjoyed every minute and smiled and "talked" to everyone! So I actually had a good time in the end.
    Suneetha....hope you found time to play with Sidh to your hearts content!
    Shree...:welcome Lets hear more about you,
    Pinky...I have no problem with you joining the group...only that you may find us a bit boring ...always talking about our babies and what they did. The only reason I said 1 yr initially was that parents of older children generally have different concerns/problems and would find our convo irrelevant. So do join us if you would like to.
    Hello to Lakshmi, Dhivya and Vanisri too!
    Oh...i almost forgot...Aadhu finally rolled over today...yay!
    Take care everyone,

Vanathi.

5. shree

shree Silver IL'ite

hi c.s lakshmi,

my daughters name is shreya (thought its a unique name when naming then came to know every house has one shreya . :-D ).

6. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Dhivya...something for you.....

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=7 width=632 border=1><TD vAlign=top align=left width=122>Six to Eight (6-8) Months old
    Continue mixing together the foods that you have already introduced without allergies or reactions
    Try a Banana-Cado mix of Bananas and Avocado for example​

<TD vAlign=top align=left width=105>CEREALS
    Continue with Rice
    Barley
    Oat​

<TD vAlign=top align=left width=102>FRUITS
    Apricots
    Avocados
    Nectarines
    Peaches
    Plums
    Prunes
    Pumpkin
    Mangos​

<TD vAlign=top align=left width=100>VEGETABLES
    Carrots*
    Peas
    Yellow Squash
    Zucchini
    Parsnips (8 months)

<TD vAlign=top align=left width=105>PROTEIN
    Chicken
    Turkey
    Tofu
    *8 Months for Meats/Protein or when your pediatrician says it's ok* ​

<TD vAlign=top align=left width=98>DAIRY
    Plain -Whole Milk Yogurt (NOT whole milk for a drink!)

* 8 months or when your pediatrician says it's ok

Hope that answers your question. Also how do I see your profile pic (stupid question I know but its not there when I view your profile!).

Vanathi.

7. CSLakshmi3005

CSLakshmi3005 New IL'ite

Hi girls:)

Shree.. Shreya is a nice name:) tell us what she does these days..u said she is 9 months .. what food do u give her..?

Vanathi.. that nice to hear Aadhu enjoyed being good in crowd.. Preethi gave me a tough time wen we attend one of my friend marriage..
    Thats great that he is falling on tummy..:).. have u introduced Ragi .. does he like it..

i have introduced Preethi to Cerelac Rice..though she has it she never feels satisfied..so i end up BFing her:(.. wen can we introduce cows milk?

Hi Suneetha,Divya,Vanisri.. tell us wats happening in ur side? how are ur Kutties??
    Hi Pinky! ur are welcome.. hope u help us with ur advice..

and new mom.. abt urselfs.. are u girls back to ur pre-pregnancy weight?? i m finding it a bit hard to reduce weight?? any advice??

Take care Bye,

8. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Shree...Shreya is a lovely name...thats why so many people pick it!

Lakshmi....Aadhu used to be terrible in crowds...thats why I was so surprised that he behaved so well. Havent started ragi yet, My cousin grows it and she gave it to me last week. I have yet to grind it. Just being lazy! Also until you work up to about 3-4 scoops, Cerelac by itself will not be sufficient. You still need to BF after it. Cows milk is recommended only after 1 yr. Until then only BM. You can use cow's milk with cooked cereals/fruits etc (as a diluent) after 6 mnths.

I lost all my pregnancy weight 6 weeks after delivery. BUT I am about 15 kgs (thats abt 30 lbs) overweight even otherwise. So I still have to lose a lot of weight and any advice would be great.

Vanathi.

9. shree

shree Silver IL'ite

hi all,

lakshmi --
    mornings:
    she is now taking formula (which is a milk based product like cerelac in india) , she eats carrot, and potatoes (though am restricting the potatoes for only 2 or 3 days a week).
    lunch:
    she takes pappu rice (thoor dhal with little salt and ghee). she likes to have the pappu rice only with rasam. rasam which is made specially for baby (without chillis my mom made some powder), she used to have cereals but now i have started with rice so am thinking for travels i can use the cereals.

fruits and veg:
    she is ok with most of the fruits and veg except: apple, banana and green geans.

dinner:
    in US we r restricted not to give cows milk until 1 yr so no curd.also we r veges so only limited options . she also eat dosa and idli. we keep the potato or the carrot as side for the rice as well as for the dosa.

snacks:

she loves to eat tea rusk and mlk bikies .

what does your kid eat???, if anything other than this share it.

lakshmi a good news am back to my pre pregnancy weight but this tummy is the only problem, am thinking how i can get rid as there is no time to workout.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2007
  10. vanisri

vanisri New IL'ite

Hi all,
    Its nice to hear all about kids.Weekend is so crazy.Vanathi it is nice to hear that Aadhu rolled over and very good that he behaved in the party.Last sun we went to Aayappa bajan in a friends house Srihaas is so cranky he dosent want to go to anybody seeing all the crowd he dosent want to eat anything.All the time be with amma or appa.
    Hi Shree even Srihaas like to eat milk bikies and marie biscuits so iam giving him toddler finger foods which he liked a lot.And tried giving him yo baby yogurt he didnt like so i stopped for a while.Yesterday i gave him whole milk in the sippy cup he drank.So i thought i will try it once a day now because is almost 11 months old.
    Hi Laksmi,dhivya and sunetha .
    Vanisri