Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 4)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Ha ha ha, Saras - I hope you won't end up making "thookka kalakka bajji" :biggrin2:
    Never mind about the flop show. It is quite tricky!!
    Thanks for the FBs.

2. Mythraeyi

Mythraeyi Silver IL'ite

hello aunty,

I have downloaded your iphone app - it is pretty useful. Great job on keeping up with technology! Made bisi bele bath for lunch on sunday. your proportions and measurements give the perfect bbb every time. Now getting set for Navratri. Wishing you a very happy navratri and Dussehra.

3. luz

luz New IL'ite

hello mrs C,
    was looking for mysore bonda in ur index. could not find.Can u tell me where to look for it.
    thanks

4. Chitvish

Thanks, Mythraeyi!
    Right now,me & Ruby are very busy uploading for the Paid Apps version. It is a wee bit neck breaking!
    But all for your benefit :biggrin2:
    Thanks for the FB:)

5. Chitvish

Not yet posted it :-(
    Will do it soon :)

6. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Dear C,

The tarts were a gr8 success. My neighbour said that tarts were the first snack to get over. There was close to 50 students and 10 teachers, so I made 100. She came back home and was praising to my FIL, so news passed to US and niece wants tarts. My SIL has twin daughters and they were asking me ' why did you not send us chocolate tarts to me radha mami?' I have promised to make when they come to India. Thanks soooooooooo much I never thought I can impress kids with my cooking. I think its easy to convince elders but cooking for toddlers is a challenge and I made it :) M is sooo proud :)

Today's cooking was a bit challenging as its new moon day. Converted idly batter to easy kara vadai for me M. Lunch is Tomato Pappu and Ladies finger curry. Made some Kesari as Navarathri is commencing today :) Thanks sooooooooooooooooo much from the bottom of my heart.

4 people like this.
  7. Chitvish

I was waiting for your Fb because making 100 tarts is really challenging. Hey, you did it!! :thumbsup
    I think people in US get it across the counter so easily & may not ever bother to make at home!
    I am glad you are at the receiving end of so much of praise & you richly deserve it for all your interest!!
    Thanks for the Fb!! :)

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Chithmam,

Sometimes it is so true.. one FB leads to another fb..

in this case it was the fb for pink pal payasam..though i have done it many times, i take the short cut of using condensed milk, as done by many caterers these days..but i used to find it too sweet.

today i made the same following the pressure cooker method. FIL enjoyed it..had a guest who slurped away..

c wanted to take pictures, her bad luck my camera battery was dead..so i told her to take it from the older one and it did not turn up so good yet had to post the picture for her hardwork..

The pale pink that was the original color did not happen..:hide:

I made tomato pappu with whole masoor dhal, and the taste was different..

Attached Files:

2 people like this.
  9. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

Chitummaaa made garlic kadhi with potato roast... just loved... nowadays like before i make a list of what to be done tommorrow so its easy and jiffy in kitchen... Also made beetroot ginger and orange smoothy just loved it for the color ginger taste will come one round for all those smoothies...

10. Chitvish

Shan, pink pal payasam is one of my favourites for the sheer ease in doing it!!
    Pressure cooker takes care & we can relax!!
    The photo looks quite good - this is Raji's angle:hide:
    My next project will be tomato masoor pappu! :biggrin2: