Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 4)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Hey, started with pink pal paysam??? Great appreciation must have come your way!! :thumbsup
    Always soak dhal & do not forget to add a dash of castor oil when cooking dhal.
    Thanks, Roja :)

2. eagle

eagle Bronze IL'ite

Dear Chithra
    I made poosani moorkuzhambu your way with carrots and tomato paste. Superb taste. Paired it with beans paruppusili with all dhals. This has become my regular. Mysore rasam and potato kari with the curd marination method. We enjoyed our lunch a lot. Thanks a lot for all you do.
    The picassa gallery is such a treasure. I went thro all the photos in different catogories. Have bookmarked a few to try and will let you know the fbs.

Love
    Shobana

3. Chitvish

Thanks, Shobana.
    I am just busy uploading recipes for my apps.
    Just now uploaded paruppusili. Here you are with a FB. I think, I will use my frozen stock & make with pudalangai tomorrow!!
    M'ore rasam - alu curry is an awesome combo!!

4. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

Dear chitummaa...

Today's special was aloo channa, will anyone get bored or tired of this , very yummy... for s i gave along with roti's, but i could'nt control my temptation for poori , so made it and served myself happily...

Chitummaa out of request yesterday for evening snack i made rice semiya cheese balls, but it was sticking too much to the vessel while deep frying, i face this sometimes even with corn and cheese cutlet what could be the reason...

5. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    I made kaju katli day before and it turned out perfect. I again made with 250 gms of cashew yesterday and that too was great. I took it to my mom and niece andeveryone said it is perfect. I also made badam kheer in MW and that was also tops. I am confident about making kaju katli now, it is easier to make that mysore pak and such other sweets and no fat. Thanks for the wonderful, foolproof recipe. Also made rawa dosai for breakfast yesterday along with coconut chutney, came out well.

6. sowminivibu

sowminivibu Silver IL'ite

Hi Chiths

yesterday had some guest and suddenly got announced that they wud have dinner...as luck would have it,the red gravy was sitting inside the fridge and made Gobi mutter with it...swesome and yumy..they were all shocked to see me make the sabji in less than 15 minutes.......Thanks to your gravy idea !!!

lov
    sowmi

7. Inbaroja

Inbaroja Silver IL'ite

Dear Mam,

It was for a pre-scheduled potluck I made pink pal payasam and mysore bisibela. Inba is out of town. These two dishes being his hot favourites I didn't feel like cooking at all.

But, to keep words I sincerely prepared. Indeed, all of them consumed and appreciated heartily. Shall get back to you again once after Inba comes back. I have stored for him freshly in the fridge.

Thanks for the dhal tips. Going to be a great time saver.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2011
  8. Chitvish

Vahee, whether we like to agree or not, puri goes best with channa.
    For cheese cooking, if there is more cheese, sticking happens. Besides the oil has to gtb quite hot too, to start with!!
    It is so nice to see you back regularly!

9. Chitvish

Dear Varloo, I salute you - I have never tried 250 gms in one go!!:thumbsup
    Definitely these sweets are easier than our traditional sw2eets which can be very tricky!!
    Thanks for the FBs.

10. Chitvish

Jiffy Sowmi, great, great, great!!:thumbsup
    Since we always stock potatoes, this is the best choice. Definitely red gravy is more versatile than the other two!!