1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Vishakha Hari Hari katha!

Discussion in 'Music and Dance' started by vaidehi, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Puribala

Puribala New IL'ite

Hi All,

I have only heard about Vishaka Hari and was never into listening to any renditions. Was just surfing Youtube today for some Kutcheris to listen to and came across Vishaka Haris Marghazhi Vizha rendition on Andal Kalyanam and I must admit I am totally impressed.

I have suddenly found new interest and have been checking out all her videos uploaded in Youtube. Thank God for Youtube for illiterates like me :) Thoroughly enjoyed every piece of Andal Kalyanam and am now listening to Sundarakandam :thumbsup

Wish I get to hear here live some day as I am settled in Dubai.

Cheers,
    Puri

2. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Me too a fan of Vishakha Hari. Yesterday I hear her Kuchelabhakyam on Jaya TV. This morning around 11.00 a.m suddenly I saw in Shankara Channel there was a program of Vishaka Hari Group where she was narrating Thyagaraja Chairtham. Oh my God! for the first time I heard her Harikatha in English - she was so fluent and as comfortable in English too as in Tamil. Only after hearing that I could understand the sitaution of the songs Nee Dhayaraatha, Etha Unnara etc.

She is really gifted by God.

3. flora408

flora408 New IL'ite

Thank you for your kind information, iam also interested to hear her harikadhas

4. sriatmn

sriatmn New IL'ite

Dear All,

I too become fan of smt.Visakha Hari. If anybody interested means join this community and share your thoughts orkut -

5. Shambavi2011

Shambavi2011 New IL'ite

Hello there, I believe Vishaka Hari is going to be in Dubai from Oct 30th to Nov 5th 2011. Look up her FB page