restuarants in singapore- indian

Discussion in 'Shopping/Restaurants in Singapore' started by shaguftatazeen, Sep 20, 2011.

1. shaguftatazeen

shaguftatazeen New IL'ite

hello we are planning to go Singapore in vacations and collecting information about places and what to see etc. I want to know Indian restaurants because am very foodie and interested to taste different foods and especially i want to know is there any andhra or south indian restaurants because my hubby wants south food only please friends guide me and tell me some new places for children also to watch am going to spend 10days in Singapore please tell me thank you waiting for your replies friends

2. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi S,

There are a lot of south indian restaurants around Little India and in also many parts of the island.

3. shaguftatazeen

shaguftatazeen New IL'ite

thank you is there any particular restaurant which is homely food please tell me

4. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

There is Ananda bhavan, saravana bhavan, hot chips... these are my favorites, there is also Komalas if you want to try. If you like non-veg, there is anjappar, muthus curry, ponnusaamy... lots to choose from :)

5. tanushreec

tanushreec New IL'ite

Hello,

And also if you want to try something different, there is the banana leaf restaurant on race course road. Quite a unique concept for those living in Singapore, who are not used to having their food served on banana leaf.

Cheers,
    Tanu

6. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Is this BANANA LEAF RESTAURANT still famous like yesteryears, as we learn to understand that many new ones (for Non Veg) is available now, any inputs please..

7. shanti88

shanti88 New IL'ite

has anyone tried go india at vivo? its buffet i think?

8. Chandrika82

Chandrika82 Silver IL'ite

Go India is pretty decent. The buffet is around 30 dollars. I think A la carte will work out more expensive in Go India. I've went there for the buffet couple of times. Like their kulfi for dessert :)

9. arhtivap

arhtivap Junior IL'ite

I have gone to GoIndia couple of times at Vivo...quite expensive i must say....I like Raj Restaurant on Syed Alwi Road....near mustafa....good tasty food...they also have pizzas and egg free cakes and sandwiches...

10. aparnam26

aparnam26 New IL'ite

Is there a Bengali restaurant near Little India that anyone is aware of? I would like to take my daughter for some authentic Bengali dishes during Durga Puja this week?