1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

TV Tantrums! Mommy Movie!!

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by archana2008, Sep 14, 2011.

1. archana2008

archana2008 Gold IL'ite

Friends, Need help!
    My DD wants to always watch Toy Story Movie.
    She gets immersed in it. She is just 2 years old.
    Heights was today morning she woke up and started mommy movie, mommy movie and cries like anything till we start the movie.
    Please help, what to do how to do?
    my DH wants to buy big screen TV so that her eyes dont get spoiled hehe.
    we have 32'' TV now.
    I say that is not the solution, but we need to divert her.
    But today AM i was also damn sleepy could not do anything and kept movie in the TV.
    What to do? :bowdown

Thanks,
    Archana

2. Mellow

Mellow New IL'ite

Archana,

My LO does that too. Guess its the age that makes them react so. My LO was too obsessed with Barbie movies. But guess what we are the culprits :) , we started showing them movies in the 1st place.

I realized that and started making rules for TV time. I tell my LO very very strictly that TV should be watched for only an hour a Day. I also tell her that we need to watch different things and not keep seeing the same movie over and over again coz you get to learn a lot of diff things.

It takes time for them and us to work on this rule but trust me if you are firm and take charge and trust yourself that you know what is better for your kid, you and your kid will just do fine in no matter what restrictions or rules you make.

Thanks,
    Mellow

4 people like this.
  3. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

One of my friend said she stopped her son from watching tv on weekdays. On weekends too,he had some activities alongwith tv (so tv alone doesnt consume his time). Her son initially cried continuously for 1 week and then understood.
    My cousin just took the tv and put it in the basement as soon as her son was born.He's now 1 n half.

First of all, tv or no tv...dont give in when your kid is crying. They learn that anything and everything can be achieved by crying. Explain to the child that no matter what,you will not talk when she is crying.

4 people like this.
  4. DST

DST Bronze IL'ite

Kids always thru tantrum to achieve their interest....I know its not easy to convince them esp. for watching TV....My DD loves to watch Dora....This trick worked for me...as soon as she wakes up, she asks me to switch on the TV to watch Dora....I tell her that "Like you ,Dora slept and she didn't wake up yet"....So we'll check after a while(after breakfast)....then I manage saying Dora went to school like ur Brother...So she'll be back only in the evening...In the evening her brother comes and they both play together...we go to the park...Main thing is we need to engage them or TV...talk to her,she may understand.....Try starfall.com....she may loves it...Good luck!!!

3 people like this.
  5. archana2008

archana2008 Gold IL'ite

Thanks a lot for your feedback ladies. Mellow, Rose, DST thanks for your feedback. DST i show her starfall.com too. Guess what she watched one indian movie in the theatre happily. My mom says may be she got the movie habit from us :hide: what to do in US it was just me and DH used to watch every and any movie :bonkwe gave her building blocks, she likes fixing things. she is little better now. still when she not in good mood, she needs her blanket and wants to watch movie. when we went to resturant one day, after food she said mommy movie :spini was surprised. she was in relaxed mood so she wanted to watch a movie. trying hard to restrict her TV a lot.