1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Lump under arms

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by prettywomen123, Sep 15, 2011.

1. prettywomen123

prettywomen123 Senior IL'ite

Hi,

I have lumps under both my arms and I had a c-section deliver 2 yrs ago. I was only breast feeding for 3 months as there wasnt enough.The lump seems so big that I can't wear any short sleeve clothes. I went to my GP and did a scan and that came out as extra tissue under arms due to the milk getting struck on the arms. My GP tells me there is no way of getting rid of this.

Can anyone tell me if this is true?I wanted to know if medicines or any injections would pull the skin in. I maybe wrong.It looks like they are fatty skin under my arms and looks so bad.Your advice is most appreciated.

Thanks
    PW

2. sushmavja

sushmavja Platinum IL'ite

dear PW,
    my friend had some lumps after 5-6 months of her delivery.she was suggested an operation by one doc.she took a second opinion and the other doctor gave her some tablets and she has no such lumps now.

3. prettywomen123

Dear sushmavja,

Thanks for that info.Looks like only here in UK, they just don't want to waste on medications or surgery as they take evrything lightly. Is it possible for you to find out the name of the medication your friend took? I am planning to visit chennai in November so can meet a gyneac there.

Regards
    PW

4. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Preetywoman,

Consult the doctor first. Don't take any medications. Check with alternate medicines too. Don't ignore.

Good luck

How is your baby?

CL

5. prettywomen123

Hi coffeelover,

Thanks. I am not going to be taking medicines myself. Here GP has told me they can't give medicines. I am just thinking of visiting my Gyneac when I go to India in November so that I can ask her if the medicine I find from IL are good to take.

My baby is well .Time is flying crazy he's going to be 2 soon :)

Regards
    PW