1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Weight loss with Kellogs K

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Smithablr, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Smithablr

Smithablr New IL'ite

Hi All,
    I am planning to reduce 10kgs. I have 2 kids aged 3.5 and 5 months.i can't go outside for gym,aerobics etc but can somehow Squeez time and do workouts at home.
    I am planning to include Kelloggs special K in my diet plan as i am impressed with their ad which boosts of 2 week challenge. Has any1 here tried it?reviews pls....
    Also can u ppl suggest me some timetable to follow which would help me to loose soon...
    This is my first post at IL... Spl pls ladies help me out with quick good response ...:)

2. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Welcome to IL. You will love it here. Since you have a baby, it is hard going on a diet. Let other people give you advice. You try to cut rice, sweets and papad kind of stuff. Lots of vegetables, dal and fruits are good. Take care of your health. Ask doctor's opinion before you start any diet.

Take care. Good luck.

CL

3. sabita1987

sabita1987 Bronze IL'ite

Hi smitha,
    A warm welcome to indusladies.I agree with CL before starting any diet or excersie,plz take doctors advice.I lost 10kgs with in one year by simply following diet and aerobics at home.But i dont advice crash diets.

4. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi Smitha,
    Welcome to IL and to Keep Fit and maintain shape forum:) I dont think weight loss with Kellogs K is a good idea,That is similar to any other crash diet. Change your eating habits for better by moderating the amount of food intake, reducing sweets/namkeens/white sugar etc and also by including good amount of workout in your daily schedule. You will find many helpful threads in this forum which you can make use of. Its not necessary to hit gym for workout,there are plenty which you can do from your home. Just make sure that your posture and breathing is correct when you workout. Also google for home workouts for women. You will get plenty of videos.

5. Smithablr

Smithablr New IL'ite

Thanks CL, sabita and ami for your suggestions . Have started from Monday. Lemme see how long i can keep my determination and how soon I'll achieve the goal :)

6. geetadamle

geetadamle Silver IL'ite

All kellogs products have too much sugar.. check the ingredients list... It is another Fad/crash diet which will surely lead to disappointment and frustration..

1 person likes this.
  7. Iris21

Iris21 New IL'ite

Hi Smitha
    There is nothing special about Kelllogs that will help you to lose weight.You have a 5 month old and if you are nursing him you can't afford to go on a diet and also nursing will help you shed pounds.Try eating foods with lots of fibre like porridge,beans etc.Switch to brown rice and whole grain flour and eat lots of fruits and vegetables.Try incorporating some physical activity that you can do with your kids like taking the younger one in a stroller for a walk or playing tag with the older one.Don't be in a rush to lose the weight that you have gained in nine months.Just do it slowly and steadily.

8. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Hi Smitha

Trust me: I have tried this. It is their adverts with gorgeous women make us go crazy.
    But the reality is harsh. There are no shortcuts.
    I did try their 2 week, 4 week challenge, well I did lose weight, but it came back with a rage (and so doubled up)

The key is to make small changes to daily diet which one can sustain in the long run. Slowly cut down on salts and sugar intake, you will see the difference.
    Have proteins in your meals.

All the best