1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Silky Smooth skin

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by NGayu, Jun 9, 2011.

1. hemalathaK

hemalathaK Platinum IL'ite

Aww that was really helpful information..Btw, instead of hot towel, will the facial steamer do the same job?

I guess it would, but would be nice to hear from u.I know It's a silly doubt, but what to do?

2. swats123

swats123 New IL'ite

Thanks Dhaanika... I did it and felt my pores were very dilated after the steaming with the washcloth. So I splashed my face with ice cold water. Now wondering if it reduced the efficacy of the entire process.

3. Dhaanika

Dhaanika Gold IL'ite

No worries Hemlatha. : )
    Yes, a steamer should do the job. You just want some gentle steam, enough to open your pores and get the oils in. Don't forget to wipe off with a washcloth in the end, otherwise although the oils will get into the pores all right, but all that stuff on the face won't get cleansed away. So if you're steaming, it should work (I've never used steamer... skin's too sensitive and doesn't work for me) but if you find it works well... go for it.

As long as you use gentle steam, and then wipe it all off with a washcloth before using cold water, it should be fine - after doing it all you want to make sure you wipe it off before using cold water, otherwise the oils are going to stay in the pores and life won't be fun : ).

For pores - does clay work for you? A fantastic mask is some french green clay (or there's something called Aztec Indian Healing clay I buy on Amazon, that's amazing too) with org. apple cider vinegar - just mix the two, and apply for 5-10 minutes max, and wash off. It draws out all the bad stuff from skin/pores, and shrinks the pores like a charm. (Just don't use the oil cleansing and clay mask on the same day!)

4. swats123

swats123 New IL'ite

Thanks Dhaanika. I do not generally have open pores. In fact I have dry skin. But the pores opened up after this oil cleansing process. The wiping of oil process was a bit harsh on my dry sensitive skin :( I think I irritated my skin too :( or I did not do it right :(

5. hemalathaK

hemalathaK Platinum IL'ite

Dhaanika dear, I tried oil cleansing method as well as the indian healing clay.Both are really effective.I am really happy with all this information you gave to the fellow i lites.Thanks a lot.
    Hadn't I known from you , I wouldn't have never done it.Helping others with the known information itself a great thing.Most people don't do that.You must be one nice lady.
    I used conair facial steamer for steaming.The steam was very gentle.So no worries.I bought it from walmart online store for 19.99$.

6. Padhmu

Padhmu IL Hall of Fame

wonderful and useful information for silky smooth skin. thanks for sharing.