Low sperm count and motility

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by kenny, Jun 22, 2011.

1. kenny

kenny Bronze IL'ite

hey geetha...how long will these powders take to act...my hubby is religiously taking them every day in morning with honey as advised...its been around1.5 months...when can we see the changes...just hope things work out for us...desperately wana be a mom soon....:( and alos wanted to check he takes two spoons of honey in morning after that ayurvedic mixture...but in the thread -cinnamon and honey for infectility it says that honey2 spoons should be taken a night .....if taken in morning does it not act...please guide so that i can change that...

2. tuliplady

tuliplady Gold IL'ite

Hi Geetha,

Just wanted to let you know that my hubby has been taking the powders (you gave the recipe for) everyday for past 1 month, along with Fertil and Maxoza, which the doctor had prescribed. They worked! his count increased from 10 million to 28 million. But I do not know if the increased count was because of the medications or because the 1st testing done at a was inappropriate. Since we repeated the analyses at a better well known hospital here. Either way, I am happy that something worked:) Thanks for the tip!!

3. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

HI Tulip lady,
    What ever the reason, as long as there are good improvement in sperm count, its fine! All the best dear.
    Baby dust to you!

4. kenny

kenny Bronze IL'ite

hi ladies...
    i am very sad and upset again...had a lot of hope that my husbands count would increase after the supplements prescribed by his doctor and also what geetha advised me here on indusaldies-some ayurvedic mixture...but i was socked to see my husbands count today...we just got another test done after 3 months....earlier at least he had low sperm count that is 0.5 million but this time in the test rather than the count getting better-report said no sperms present....:-( i am too dejected and sad...dnt have much hopes other than ivf/icsi...all artificial methods...why is God testing our patience...i was so very hopefull that his count will increase...but:((
    has this happened to any one else too that earlier his count was low and then nil??please guide me ASAP..
    by the way my husband got his semen annalysis done after 1 week of no intercourse...can that be a resaon??usualy they say 3-4 days ...plzplz plz hep me and reply soon...i am really upset...

5. lotsofhope

lotsofhope Senior IL'ite

Kenny,
    One test is not conclusive and it would be best to repeat the test for it might even be lab error, technician's oversight etc(happens some times). You do not really have to wait 3 months for the repeat test and can do it at your earliest convenience. If possible, try to get it done in a different laboratory just so that you can compare results. Don't worry, everything will be alright. Good Luck!

6. tuliplady

tuliplady Gold IL'ite

Kenny,
    were the two tests done at the same lab? If yes, I suggest you to check with another lab. A lot depends on how the sample was stored, when was it analyzed upon receipt, etc. Dont lose hope yet. Just have faith that things will take its time. Hope everything works out well..!

7. kenny

kenny Bronze IL'ite

Thank u tullip lady and lots of hope....ya even i feel so that we should repeat the test in a different lab...we should be sure of what we are getting treated for...
    one more thing which was the error i feel was that he went for the test after abstinence from intercourse for 7 days...we did the test on 8th day of abstinence ......though they say it should be no sex for 3 days...he couldnt get it done on 4th-5th day as was busy so did on 8th day...
    i just hope that was the reason....do u think it can be a possiblity????
    please pray for me ladies...just hope that we do the test next week and the results are better...very sad...and even worst thing is to face my dear husband...who was so religiously taking maxoza supplement and thatayurvedic powder...will say that whats the need of it then...:-(

8. august2006

august2006 New IL'ite

kenny,
    semen analysis should be taken within 3to 5 days of abstination. If it is more than 5days many of the sperms will be dead (or older) and hence zero sperm count and motility.

9. cj1980

cj1980 Gold IL'ite

Agree with the previous IL post...even for my hubby's SA test they stressed over and over that he must not abstain for more than 5 days as it will not give accurate results. I suggest you repeat it with a different lab and stick to the 'rules' so that you will get a precise result. Good luck.

Carol

10. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Kenny,
    As others said, repeat the test again after 3 days of abstinence! Hope it will show better results.
    Don't give up & feel dejected. Things will turn fine dear! All your serious attempts won't go waste!
    Be positive! Take care.... Baby dust to you!