1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Washing machine: LG 8068 LDP or IFB Senorita DX?

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by vennelaaaa, Sep 5, 2011.

1. vennelaaaa

vennelaaaa Bronze IL'ite

Dear friends,

I need to buy a washing machine and have been visiting some stores...
    Finally I decided to take an entry level front loading fully automatic model...
    I narrowed down the list to LG 8068 LDP and IFB Senorita DX...
    While the difference in cost is not huge, the reasons for the dilemma to pick one are:

1. Positive talk that IFB is the best in performance but extremely bad reviews on their customer service. Everyone is saying that in few places the service is very good, but in most places its horrible.

2. LG has a direct drive system implying less noise and vibration and also less mechanical failure and IFB machines have a belt system

In anyone has personally used either of the machines, please let me know what you think... Even if you have not used the same exact model, any feedback on customer service provided my the company will be useful.

Thanks in advance,
    Vennela

2. haniroy12

haniroy12 New IL'ite

hi vennela,
    i think LG brand is best because i am using front loading machine since 8 months no noise and vibration. some of my relatives are using IFB , they told that the machine will move from one end to half the other end and makes lot of noise. they have also taken recently.

about customer service, with LG we are 100% satisfied. they will respond to our call n send a person with in 2 days. this is what i know.

i need some suggestion abt microwave (if u r using any ). i want to know how many lts capacity will be sufficient for a 4 membered vegetarian family. if u have any information please reply.
    love,
    harini.

3. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

I have been using an LG front loader WM and an IFB dishwasher for almost 4 years. No problems with either till now. I would definitely rate LG service above IFB.
    Recently, i logged a call with LG regular servicing (3 free services peryear with AMC) and they came and attended the call same day itself. IFB service is real bad, especially if it is a free service. For paid services, they attend promptly but they place the order for the part and it sometimes takes weeks for the part to arrive.

4. Priesh

Priesh Platinum IL'ite

I am using LG front load with less noice from past eight months. Its good. Service also good. On the same day of complaint they attened . LG service is better.

5. vennelaaaa

vennelaaaa Bronze IL'ite

Thanks a lot to Harini, Orion and Priya...
    that was extremely useful and now my dilemma is resolved..
    I will go with LG...
    thanks so much again :)

@Harini,
    I don't own a microwave, so I wont be able to help much in that respect...
    For some time when I was a student, I had access to both microwave and gas Oven...
    I used microwave mostly for boiling vegetables and re-heating leftovers and oven for baking, grilling, etc.,
    That is why, I got an OTG (Morphy Richards) this time... Its excellent for baking and grilling....

6. sreekiran

sreekiran New IL'ite

Hi Vennela,

Could u plz share ur experience abt the LG wm.I am planning to buy a LG front loader .what do u suggest?

Thanks,
    Sreedevi