1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

how to stitch these types of patterns ?

Discussion in 'Sewing & Stitching' started by revathijayagopi, Aug 30, 2011.

1. revathijayagopi

revathijayagopi Gold IL'ite

i would like to know how to stitch these types of patterns ? in the third pattern how is the blue cloth attached ? do we have to cut the blue fabric in that shape , then finish the neck along with the blue cloth. if yes, then how do we finish the other end of the blue cloth.

Attached Files:

2. Vini K

Vini K Bronze IL'ite

Hi,For all the necks,the finishing is on the right side of fabric,so yes you are right,you have to cut out the fabric in the shape of the neck and stitch it.I don't understand what you mean by other end of blue cloth..from what I have understood from experience is that you have to cut our the neck in the same shape in one piece ,with some cloth for seam allowance and stitch it on the right side of the fabric.The first picture is of a chinese collar I think, and the second one is just a yoke..which is comparatively easy if you have already stitched kurtas and salwars.you just sew on the yoke to the right side of the fabric starting from shoulder and then coming down to neck..hope you understand what I am trying to say.

3. revathijayagopi

thanks vini for replying. i want to know how to stitch the outer side of the yoke or patch i.e "A" side in the picture. do we have to fold it exactly like the design then hem it and then sew it to the right side of the dress.if yes then will the finishing be good.
    neck.GIF

4. artvani

artvani Platinum IL'ite

Yes you have to turn in the edge 1/4" . To be on the safer side draw a line 1/4" away from the edge .clip at places taking care to not cross the line.Turn in keeping the line drawn little bit inside so that it will not show out and sew it with slip stitch.I have explained slip stitch in my previous post.In this stitch stitch will be very small. instructions for slip stitch is here

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...ing-tailoring-stitching-basics-schematic.html
    You have to scroll down.

5. revathijayagopi

thanks vani mam, i was expecting a reply from you . i will try out and post the picture of the kameez.

6. Vjwendt

Vjwendt New IL'ite

Can some one help me here,how draft the pattern and method please, thank you by vjw.

7. rkalpana

rkalpana New IL'ite

Hi vani.

Thank u very much for the patterns and method explained...

8. zana

zana New IL'ite

Hi,

Nice patterns, would like to stitch them myself. I am looking at the kurta patterns and need some clarification on the designs.
    So, the cutting of the body requires to be at the neckline of the orignial piece ie the brown body, the blue yoke which comes on top is cut to shape the neck , stitched at the neckline, finished at line 'A' as shown in another link.
    Is that rt kindly clarify.

Thanks
    Shahzana

9. zana

zana New IL'ite

hi Vini,

I have a specific question for you, which one is a chinese collar and how would you cut the body at the neckline and the collar shape. Could you please explain if possible with a diagram .

Thanks
    Shahzana

10. Vany

Vany New IL'ite

hi vini
    please write someting for xxxl size. some patterns ..some designs

regards
    vany