Pregnancy with immature follicle and history of PCO

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by geekerala, Sep 3, 2011.

1. geekerala

geekerala New IL'ite

Hi,
    I have had PCO (Poly Cystic Ovaries) in my teenage for which I got treatment and it was cured. Now I am married for 2 years and have been trying to conceive but not successful. My doctor advised me for a follicular study and it shows that my follicles are not attaining the desired size. For one month I had induced ovulation but it also didn’t work. This month suddenly I have missed my period without pregnancy. My doctor is advising me to go for IVF i.e. test-tube baby. I am not sure what to do now. Please advise me should I continue having induced ovulation for few months or go for IVF. I am 27 yrs old and I don’t think I should be in hurry for IVF in this age. Please guide me what line of treatment should I follow. The sperm count of my husband is also very less.
    Thanks all.

2. august2006

august2006 New IL'ite

It is not necessary to go for IVF. you and your husband can be treated better in ayurveda/homeopathy.

3. Chandrika82

Chandrika82 Silver IL'ite

I dont know about homeopathic treatments. But suddenly jumping to IVF seems to be a very drastic solution.
    The normal course most doctors would take is to first induce ovulation through tablets, then injections, move on to IUI / SO-IUI and as a final resort consider IVF / ICSI.

I would advise you to get a second opinion.

4. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Gee Kerala,
    Welcome to Indus Ladies & to this forum. :)
    You can find our forum guidelines here....
    I hope you should see another doc. Know why you have early ovulation. Find whether there are any hormone imbalance, if so, address them first before going to IVF. Have you taken up any medicated cycle with follicle triggering tablets/injections? If not, that has to be done before going to IUI or IVF. Those tablets or injections will help in producing quality follicles & will help in conception. If the medicated cycles along with follicle monitoring didn't help, you can try IUI. IUIs will bring success to those who are fighting with lower sperm counts. There are several options left before going to IVF. Don't rush. Think wise & do good things to your body!

If your DH's sperm count is pretty less, take up medications for that. Try natural remedies too! That will do the wonder while you analyze your body!
    All the best. Baby dust to you!