1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Just venting.....

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamla, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Varloo,

You always write direct from heart!
    I can understand your sadness...but I am sure that you mean just as much as your brother to her, only, she may herself not realise this. Call it the ingrained traditional mind-set of the Indian mother!

L, Kamla

2. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamla,
    It was a great post from you.You seldom start a thread and i was so anxious to read what you have in it..That too the title was a little bit ambiguous.Was waiting to reply to this post of urs, but whenever i refresh the new post it just got vanished.Finally...

Yes its very sad when some one close to you leaves from home.I always had that feeling for my grandma(mom's mother).As a little school girl i would not even see her tell me a good bye, because of the reason i will cry uncontrollably when i see her off.So will go n hide somewhere.Later stages was a bit ok,the pain was still the same but not expressed.

Now i shifted my residence(it so happened - closer to my work place) near her place.Shes most happy as i can visit her and thatha atleast twice or thrice a month.

Wonderfully expressed and kindled lot of memories!

3. vaidehi.sa

vaidehi.sa New IL'ite

i got to read ur post just venting. i know how u feel.

i am a mother & i have come to spend time with my daughter & son-in-law. along with my husband. its 4 months since we came & in another 2 months time we will be going back to india.

as u say my daughter couldn't spend as much time as she wanted especially as she has to work, being in software u can imagine how it is.

but still as a parent in spite of the fact that at this age we have to travel & adjust to all the different lifestyle,& having to depend on them for going out, we enjoy the company of them & will carry with us the memories just as they9daughter & son-in-l) will.

so u too enjoy & recollect all the nice time u had with ur mom. don't worry about anything else. do keep in touch with her more ofter as u are everything to her how ever old u get. u will understand this when u get to her age.

so all the best & enjoy
    god bless u
    vaidehi

4. BhargaviChakravarthy

BhargaviChakravarthy Bronze IL'ite

Dear kamla,
    You have poured out your emotions.That is right.If we are close to somebody or anybody we may not pay much attention to them.When we are away from them,it seems like we would have spent or utilised the time more effectively.That is it.As far as our mother is concerned (though am not married) we may always free,take the relationship for granted.That too after marriage it is an unwritten rule that girl's relations may sacrifice,adjust to the situation.They may be or should be flexible.

Good write up.Keep it up