Due date - JAN 2012

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by rosita19, May 18, 2011.

1. ashapradeep

ashapradeep Bronze IL'ite

Prachi, nice that u have started feeling movements :thumbsup. I have no idea abt kesar milk. I know many people take it during pregnancy. There is also a rumor that if u take it, the baby will have a fair complexion. But I dont believe in it. I never took it for my first one and dont plan to take it this time either. But I ve heard that it is gud for UTI. Since pregnant ladies are more prone to develop UTI, it may be beneficial. Maybe others who have taken or will be taking might throw more light on it.

I have updated the list.
    Victory - Jan 2nd
    Kokila - Jan 2nd
    Saranyashaji - Jan 16th
    Prachi - Jan 18th
    Golumolu - Jan 20th
    Ashapradeep - Jan 26th

My update: Just came back from my Dr's appt. Heard the heartbeat :). Going gud at 140bpm. The nurse scared me when she took my bp. She said it was 85/58. Last time it was low too but not this low. I asked her to take it again and this time it was 117/75. PHEW!!! I asked the Dr abt the anterior placenta and he assured me that as long as its not low lying, it shouldnt be a problem. Also I had blood drawn to check for Neural tube defects. The results wont be here till next week. Another thing to worry abt for a week :bonk. Hope everyone is doing well.
    Asha
    Asha

2. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Victory,
    Congrats on your pregnancy! :)
    Eat healthy & stay healthy.
    Enjoy your pregnancy journey!

3. Prachi.B

Prachi.B Bronze IL'ite

Looks like all Jan 2012 mommies are busy. No post.

4. ashapradeep

Yup, it does look like everyone is busy. I got tired of posting and getting no response that I gave up :-( How are u feeling, Prachi?

Isnt anyone finding out the gender of the baby. Early Jan mommies should be able to find out by now. I realise in India it wont be possible.... I wont till Sep 12th and time seems to going soooooo slow:bonk

5. victory001

victory001 New IL'ite

Hi Asha ...Thank u so much :)...how is ur health? It s so nice of u to reply every1s msg ...being very active:thumbsup

I got my scanning n some lab tests done...by Gods grace everything is Good....Got to know babys gender ...n its a BOY! really time is going sooooo slow just cant wait to have baby in hand.
    Last week i bought some baby clothes ... may be its too early to shop but they were soo cute that i cudnt stop myself from taking them ...hehe
    n regarding my health m experiencing heartburns n swelling on my legs...
    Is swelling common in 5th month of pregnancy?

@ Vasumathy: thank u soo much :)

@ Prachi: Congratulations ! :) Hope ur doing good.... About the Kesar milk ,my Grandma was used to say that it gives fair complexion to baby...but really dont know how true it is...however i asked my mom so she said that she never took in her pregnancies so maybe even ill not take unless i get to know some real bebefits.

6. golumolu

golumolu Silver IL'ite

Hello Gals,

How is everyone doing?
    Asha - How are you?
    I m in 19th week and my next level ultrasound is scheduled for next week.

7. ammani

ammani Gold IL'ite

WOW... Jan 2012 group!! :party

heartiest congratulations to all new year would-be mommies!!! :banana a wonderful new year gift to you all!! :gift :thumbsup good luck to you all!! take care of yourself mommies... keep smiling

i got mine for my bday :)

Im from November 2011 group... im currently in my 7th month!! :banana just 2 more months and my gift will be delivered :bonk;-)

i mite help clear some doubts i guess...

yes swelling is common during pregnancy (some people have early/throughout their pregnancy or some may have very little and that may be not throughout their pregnancy)

there are many reasons for swelling - like rise in BP, retention of salt or water in the body...etc... check with your doctor for the same.... to control BP control your salt intake and to avoid water retention drink more water!!

in any case.... as per my doctor's advice whenever i sit to read or use my laptop or watch tv i keep my leg elevated... which really helps in reducing the swelling if i have any (mostly i have swelling if i walk for more time!! i dono y is that.... coz many have advised me to walk more so that delivery will be easier.. but my feet swells and it hurts when i walk more!!) and also i do dip my feet in warm water with little rock salt when i feel feet is hurting or if swelling is there.. .so it helped my swelling part...

in my fifth month doc found that my BP was elevated a little from past 3-4 months so advised me to use less salt.. within a month (THANK GOD) my BP was normal coz of my care to use less salt and drink more water!!

HEARTIEST CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL MOMMIES ONCE AGAIN..

take care... Be happy...:banana

Keep smiling.... :)

8. ashapradeep

Victory, congratulations on ur baby boy!!! Very happy for you. I am sure you had a wonderful experience during the scan. Was he active and running around? Come on give us more details. Was he eager to show his goods:)

Yes, time seems to go crawling right now. I have a couple of friends who are expecting and I am the last one due among them. Its so annoying to be the last one to find out what I am having, to be the last one to feel movements and the last one to have the baby :-( One of them delivered last week and I feel soooo jealous that i have to wait another 5 months to see and hold my baby!!!

And yes, swelling is common. Is ur BP high? Usually it is due to water retention and its recommended to reduce the salt intake if BP is the reason for the swelling. I dint have much swelling last time. Only when I had a 10 hour flight and my legs had been hanging down for such a long time, my feet were swollen. But after a couple of days, it went back to normal. Is urs because ur feet is down most of the time? If thats the case try to keep ur legs elevated and see if it helps.

The heartburn is very much common. Try to avoid spicy food. But sometimes however hard u try, it just stays and there isnt a way out. The bad news is it doesnt get any better further along, actually worse and the uterus starts constricting the stomach :hide:.

I am tempted to buy stuff for the baby too. I am waiting for my 20th week scan to know the gender before going on a shopping spree. It is not common for us to buy stuff for the baby before the baby is here, but I am sure I will :).

Take gud care of urself and the baby and keep us posted...

9. ashapradeep

Golumolu, I am gud. How are u and LO doing? Good luck with ur ultrasound and keep us posted as to how it goes.

Ammani, yes waiting eagerly for our new year present!!! Hope ur b'day present arrives without much trouble to mommy. Have u finalised names yet?? I had high BP in my last two weeks with my previous pregnancy and had to be induced. I hope and pray it doesnt get repeated again. Its gud that u were able to control urs with diet, keep it up!!! U must be excited abt your babyshower in Oct and ur trip to native. GL with ur delivery.

Asha

10. ashapradeep

My update: My parents leave end of September back to India and we are busy shopping. I am upset that my mom wont be here with me during my delivery. We leave to India too for 3 weeks after they leave. We will be back at the end of my second trimester. Excited abt my India trip. Will be going after 2 years. Hope I dont exhaust myself...Then, its going to be us by ourselves for the next 3 months. I am dreading those days ahead. I have been so pampered with my parents being here for almost a year that the thought of having to cook, clean, daughter, daycare, work along with my last trimester is frightening. Hope I have the energy to go through it without my trouble.
    My health has been pretty gud. Looking forward to my anatomy scan in 2 weeks. Take care ladies.

Here's the updated list:
    Victory - Jan 2nd - BOY
    Kokila - Jan 2nd
    Saranyashaji - Jan 16th
    Prachi - Jan 18th
    Golumolu - Jan 20th
    Ashapradeep - Jan 26th