Indians in Denmark?

Discussion in 'Europe - Other Areas' started by nirmala1709, Jan 6, 2008.

1. Viduban

Viduban New IL'ite

Hi Nirmala,
    I am Vidhya.It will be wonderful to get in touch with you.I am currently in Mumbai and will be soon moving to Aalborg with my family.Your valuable inputs about the place will be of immense help for startup.Looking forward to hearing from you.Regards Vidhya

2. pushpita

pushpita New IL'ite

Hi Nirmala !
    It seems u r living in denmark for quite sometime now.My husband has shifted to denmark.Me and my son are awaiting our family visa.
    My son will be 4 yrs this april.We have inquired about the school,it seems they start only by august.I am an engineering graduate and was working before as a team leader in technical support.Recently I did MBA (finance).It seems these kind of jobs are available in denmark ( i spotted a couple of openings in some job site).Can you suggest me some good job sites where I can upload my CV? and please let me know what kind of preparation do I need to take to get a good job. Is learning Danish essential?And how many days does it take to get a work permit?
    I have many questions.....and utterly confused...but i hope the way u reply to each and every post ...it will be little easier for me to settle once i arrive in denmark.
    Awaiting yours
    Pushpita

3. Viduban

Viduban New IL'ite

Re: Indians in Denmark

Hi Nirmala,
    How are you? Hope you have recovered from your operation.I have been going through your earlier inputs and find it very informative. We are coming to Aalborg in april first week.It will be wonderful to talk to you when we are there.Pls can I have your contact details if you dont mind.Looking forward to meeting you. Thanks and regards
    Vidhya Banerjee

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2011
  4. viji1234

viji1234 New IL'ite

5. Viduban

Viduban New IL'ite

Hello Nirmala,
    My husband has landed in aalborg.it would be wonderful to get in touch with you to get some guidance about the whereabouts of the place.regards vidhya

6. srm1982

srm1982 New IL'ite

Hi Nirmala,
    I am not sure if this thread is active as of now.
    Anyways i am an MBA (Marketing) grad, working with a Retail MNC's Finance Ops Dept. I have 3 years of work Ex and i was thinkin of migrating to another country for better opportunity.
    I met with some consultants and most of them suggested Denmark. I ve been reading thru some of the replies on this post and have some questions.
    How is the job situation right now in Denmark?
    Is it easy to get a job on the mgt side?
    How hard is it migrating and settling down in Denmark?

Thanks for your time..Hopefully ll help me to take a decision :)

SRM

7. mrin

mrin New IL'ite

hi all,

i need some info urgently..my husband might take up job offer n move to Lund.. we have a son 6 yrs old.. few things i would like to know..

* do people speak English their? as some people have been telling us that unless we learn Swedish v cant do anything their?

* i would be putting my son in international school as he is going currently also in international school.. what r approx fee.

* avg rental of a gud 2/ 3 bedroom house in Lund ?? v have heard some horrifying stories about 4-9 mths of waiting for getting apt on rent.. is it that difficult to find a decent place to raise a family..

* what is gud salary to take up a offer..

* and most importantly is their an active Indian community there..n how easy or difficult wud it b for a child to integrate into the new culture n society..

thanks.. waiting for replies..so that v can make a informed decision..

regards
    mrins

8. surekharaju

surekharaju New IL'ite

Hi Nirmala Garu,

I used to live in Hyderabad few year ago.

I'm planning to apply for Denmark Green Card from <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Australia</st1:place></st1:country-region>. Can you please help us to get some useful info. I have just finished Masters in Accounts from Australian Uni and my husband has got 4 year exp in Systems Administration (IT Networking). Do we get job to survive?

How would be whether and people around,. Is English language enough to survive?

If we come there what place/city would be the best for IT and accounting jobs (WE WILL BE OPEN FOR HARD JOBS IN STARTING STAGE?)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.
    Kind regards,
    Surekha Raju Adipally

9. gowthamanappu

gowthamanappu Bronze IL'ite

link in tamil english

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2011
  10. lucky4ransher

lucky4ransher New IL'ite

Hi Pushpita,

I'm an Indian from Pune, working in Saudi now. I've received the work permit of Denmark and hence planning to move Denmark in early 2012.

If u are already setelled in Denmark please share your experience about first visit to denmark and how to search good job in Denmark in teaching/research of engineering/life sciences.

How much job search one may do within a week's period? How much one should expect as the annual/monthly salary to save a good amount in Indian rupees after paying all the taxes.

Thanks in advance.