1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone lost inches from tummy with exercise or diet ?

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by teechak, Aug 25, 2011.

1. teechak

teechak Senior IL'ite

Thankyou All for your replies to my posts.

I would again like to ask my question - is there anyone who has lost inches from their tummy ?

I see most of you have weight loss ticker in your signatures ..when you are lossing weight ..is it going away from the tummy ?

the advises that you guys have given ..have you yourself followed these and lost weight and inches ? can we share our body measurements , weight and height here ?

I am a regular reader of these forums and all I see ladies advising others on what should be done to loose weight ..Nobody says .hey girlie ..I have done and followed some routine and lost weight and inches ... have anyone shown real results here ... I think I saw one lady's post who has flown to Hawaii for vacation, she has lost some 13 Kgs ..even I have lost 10 Kgs in last year by following all the best things like you guys have mentioned above and all in my posts

I might sound rude ..but forgive me for that ..I just wanted to make my question clear .. so anyone ??

2. geetadamle

geetadamle Silver IL'ite

Hello,

There is no spot reduction. When you lose fat weight you automatically get leaner.1 kg of muscle needs less space than 1 kg of fat. So sometimes you may not lose weight, but you will lose inches i.e. start fitting better in your clothes. Strength training is a must.

Fatloss (inch loss) is not a formula. If it had been a formula, everyone would have been thin. Food, rest, body, mind, activity everything has to be in right sync.

If you are taking about me as the "lady who has flown to hawaii for vacation" I have lost 10 lbs not kgs (1 kg = 2.2 lb) In the process I have lost significant inches from butt, tummy, thighs, overall body. Although I dont believe in dress sizes, if it is of any importance to you, i'll like to mention that I have moved from dress size US 4 to US 2. This was never my intention, but it just happened gradually.

So with regular strength training and cardio it is possible easily. The exercises you are doing dont seem challenging enough. Add strength training on alternate days with cardio on rest of the days. (1 day rest)..

Read my other posts about healthy eating to understand what your daily meals are lacking.
    some questions for you. If you answer these truthfully, you will know what is lacking in your lifestyle.
    These questions are actually for everyone who think they have achieved it all and are ready to advice others. ( i.e. All those who have posted on this thread ) :)

Do you eat 100 % organic foods or you eat GMO foods? (dairy, produce, eggs)
    If at all you eat nonveg,
    -- do you eat only wild caught fish ? (versus farm raised)
    -- Do you eat only farm raised organically veg fed chicken? (versus you dont know how the chickens were raised or fed)
    -- Do you eat only AA grade veg fed free range organic eggs? (versus you dont know about egg grading and free range etc)
    Do you take 100 % whole grains?
    Do you eat a fruit as soon as you wake up? (versus you think tea is a good idea to start your day)
    Do you eat atleast 1 banana a day? (1 eat one everyday as soon as I wake up) (versus you consider it as fattening)
    Do you drink just milk or water? (or tea or coffee or any soda or juice etc?)
    Is your exercise challenging enough?
    Do you vary your exercises frequently?
    Do you do combination of strength and cardio?
    Do you take protein shake withi 10 mins of your workout?
    Do you eat some nuts daily?
    Do you try to take some protein + fat+carb in every meal?
    Do you eat atleast 3 fruits and 3 veggies a day?
    Do you do fad dieting or eat everything? (I eat everything from aloo paratha to panner butter masala. everything home made and at right time ofcourse)
    Do you eat mindfully chewing each bite and enjoying it so that you know when exactly to stop?
    Do you eat fresh food within 3-4 hours of cooking at max?
    Do you eat leftovers?
    Do you eat every 2 hours until 2 hours before you sleep?
    Do you wait for someone to return home and then have food with you even if you are hungry OR you eat when you are hungry?
    Do you eat more when you work more and eat less when you work less? Or you eat fixed quantities daily?
    Do you eat what you like or you what something even if it tastes yuk and someone told you that its healthy?
    Do you take fishoil, calcium and vitamin supplement?
    Do you feel the urge eat out?
    Do you feel the urge to overeat?
    Do you feel the urge to eat sweets?
    Do you feel the urge to eat fried snacks?
    Do you feel the urge to eat store brought packed snacks?
    Is your life stress free?
    Do you relax and go on vacations?
    Do you pursue your hobbies?
    Do you learn a new thing (sport/activity) every 6 months?
    Do you feel good from inside all the time?

Speaking for myself, I do practise all the things I preach. People who know me well already know this about me.
    Hope you are able to get there. Good luck!

1 person likes this.
  3. nowornever

nowornever Junior IL'ite

Hi Geeta

you back from your Hawaiian holiday? Hope you had a great break.

4. teechak

teechak Senior IL'ite

Hi Geeta,

thanks for replying .. If I am not wrong ..It seems you too are Rujuta's fan ..all these questions are from her books

even me too follow most of these things religiously ... eating evry two hours ..cheese , banana and vitami supplement are part of my life ...

It seems I am eating very well .. and I just need to increase the workout time ..I do 45 minutes a day and now I will increase it to an hour ..

so Rujuta helped you to get leaner .. good to hear that

5. geetadamle

geetadamle Silver IL'ite

I am not her fan as such but I have read her books amongst many other books of other authors and realised that her philosophy matches with mine.
    I did not find these questions anywhere in her book, nor does she ever talk about organic foods. So not sure what you are relating to.
    But I must admit that she is one level headed person who knows how to apply common sense to sensible eating and preaches the same.

6. teechak

teechak Senior IL'ite

hi Geeta,

she has mentioned each of these things in her books ..definetly not in forms of questions but in terms of problems and myth.....
    Any idea what organic food is ? if you have read her books she tells we should eat all organic food in order to gain all the nutrition that nature has to offer us in the form of food.

eating freshly prepared food ,chewing preoperly while eating , enjoying the food, eating what we like to eat why we feel urge to have sweets ..stressful life ...enjoying ur hobbies ..instead of coffee/tea, we should eat fruits ... she stresses on having banana as the first thing in the morning ,...eating more on harder days ..and less on less active days ....what not man :)

She has everything ijn her books that you have mentioned above ..may be you have not realized that...

again it is good that your idealogy matches with hers ..

well I would say ..with mine too ... :)

so could you please post your eating schedule ..and what all and how much do you eat , if you have already posted it somewhere , pls give me the link

7. teechak

teechak Senior IL'ite

Geeta,

got one more question - what kind of protein shake do you drink after the exercise ? I am in US as well ..so suggets some to me, I will also start these

8. nowornever

nowornever Junior IL'ite

Oh ok, have a blast Geeta. Am sure with your enthusiasm and zest for healthy lifestyle and living you will make the most of your holiday...

BTW had been to see Rujuta some 3 years ago, must admit was not very impressed with her style, she had put me on a diet for 2 weeks with an extremely boring and repetitive diet, banana and only banana on waking. Every 2 weeks the diet was meant to change but frankly there were such silly changes like raita being introduced in place of olives etc. Lack of carbs meant i was crankly and got really put off.

Muesli for breakfast, post workout protein shake with sweet potato, peanuts late morning then moong sprouts for lunch.

post lunch soy milk and then some black and only black olives.

dinner being moong dal and paneer in some form...

Thought it was rather boring and at the time she didn't want to be flexible. So got put off rather quickly as eating the same thing for 2 weeks can be quite something, much as it seems just 14 days..

Geeta I much prefer your style where you eat all the food groups in the right amounts, keep metabolism up and get as much exercise as possible. Also other than the muesli in the morning for breakfast, I was getting virtually no form of carbs.

Mind you I did not have much weight to lose, it has always been maximum of 3 to 4 kgs.

So as far as eating healthy goes, Geeta you rock for me, you are a true STAR!!!!

9. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Dear Teechak,

OOPs I missed that part in your first post. Sorry :D.
    It goes away from everywhere including the tummy.

Yes. I guess when we share advises on this forum most ladies give the advise which they themselves have followed some point of time (this is solely my perception). I went from jeans size 38 to 32 (and I did follow and still follow the tips that I gave in my previous post). That is 6 inches off the waist (tummy included).

Here are few such threads :

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/keep-fit-and-maintain-shape/111567-weight-loss-tips-worked-me.html

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/keep-fit-and-maintain-shape/138015-my-journey-last-5-pounds.html

In the weight loss buddy thread ladies have shared what worked for them

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/keep-fit-and-maintain-shape/39332-weight-loss-buddy.html

Hope this helps.

regards

1 person likes this.
  10. teechak

teechak Senior IL'ite

Thanks nowornever and Geeta for providing helpful links and info. Also thanks to Shiva who too replied.

I will join one of these and post my progress regularly