1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Accupresure Points

Discussion in 'Nature Cure' started by daffodil, Dec 12, 2007.

1. daffodil

daffodil Bronze IL'ite

Hi Everyone,

I just came across these Accupressure Massage points, so thought of sharing it with my IL friends.

The Organs of your body have their sensory touches at the bottom of your foot, if you massage these points you will find relief from aches and pains as you can see the heart is on the left foot.

Typically they are shown as points and arrows to show which organ it connects to.

It is indeed correct since the nerves connected to these organs terminate here.

This is covered in great details in Acupressure studies or textbooks.

God created our body so well that he thought of even this. He made us walk so that we will always be pressing these pressure points and thus keeping these organs activated at all times.

So, keep walking...

Cheers,
    Daffodil

Attached Files:

2. bbmaddy

bbmaddy New IL'ite

Words fail to come out properly to thank you cordially from my heart Believe me was looking for this since long and getting the pictures was a great thing to be found. I have been hearing about the positives of accupressure from everyone and what could be better if the art can be exercised personally.

3. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Hi daffodil,
    Good work and useful download.

4. ketal

ketal Bronze IL'ite

hI DAFFDIL
    good idea & suggestion
    how can these Accupressure Massage points
    pl send to process.

ketal

5. daffodil

daffodil Bronze IL'ite

Bbmaddy, Vidya

Thanks. Im glad you'll found it informative.

Ketal,
    Thanks.
    As for your query, could you rephrase your question please??

Cheers,
    Daffodil

6. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Dear daffodil,

thanks a ton for such helpful information.

I've taken a print out promptly and am going to be at it !

One question , for how long should one concentrate on any point...the time that is needed to produce results?

PAULINA

7. daffodil

daffodil Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ketal & Paulina,

Here is your query answered

Administring Acupressure
    When you give an acupressure treatment, your tools are your hands, notably your thumbs and fingers, and occasionally your palms. For the most part, you will be using the balls of your thumbs and findgers, never the nails. Before administering acupressure, make sure your fingernails are clipped short, so that you do not inadvertently scratch yourself.
    Choose a time of day when you are most relaxed, perhaps after a warm bath and just before bedtime. Take a few deep breaths. this aids relaxation and will automatically focus your attention inward on your body. Be calm and unhurried. Make sure to keep warm throughout the treatment. You can apply pressure to the points directly onto the skin, or through a shirt or light sheet.
    Work right-side and left-side acupressure points at the same time. Use your fingers or thumbs to apply treshhold pressure to the point. Threshold pressure is firm pressure, just on the verge of becoming painful. The idea is to stimulate the point without causing the body to tighten up or retract from the pain. The pressure you exert should not hurt. Firm but gentle is the rule.
    Apply from one to five minutes of continuous pressure. Or apply pressure for ten seconds, release for ten seconds, reapply for ten seconds, release for ten seconds. Repeat this cycle five times.​

Cheers,
    Daffodil​

8. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Dear Daffodil,

It was really kind of you to explain in detail about the methodoly of the accupressure points.I have only a small doubt ,and seek clarification .You have said that both the right and left side accupressure points have to be worked on at the same time.Does it mean that we need to get another person's help to do it? Is it not possible to do it by oneself? For example if I need to work on the eyes,I can only press on the spot you indicate in the palm picture with my thumb and fingers be it left hand or right hand...then how can I do both at the same time..I mean exert pressure on both the palms for both eyes at the same timePlease explain ...I'm very keen to learn how to go about it.I,ve got the picture print outs ...the diagrams are very clear with all the text on the markings for various organs.Thanks a lot for sharing with all of us.
    Regards
    PAULINA:thankyou2:

9. daffodil

daffodil Bronze IL'ite

Hi Paulina,

Apply pressure to one of the palms with a blunt object or your fingers for 2 -3 mins and then switch over to the next palm same point.
    In this way the earlier palm/point is away fm continous pressure.

Some general tips:
    Ideally, you should wear comfortable clothing. Tight collars, belts, pants, or shoes can obstruct circulation. I recommend wearing natural fibers that breathe, such as cotton or wool blends. Also, it's a good idea to keep your fingernails trimmed fairly short to prevent any discomfort or injury to the skin.

Avoid practicing acupressure right before a big meal or on a full stomach. Wait until at least an hour after eating a light meal and even longer after eating a heavy meal. Practicing a complete acupressure routine when your stomach is full can inhibit the flow of blood and may cause nausea

Avoid iced drinks (especially during the winter months), because extreme cold generally weakens your system and can counteract the benefits of acupressure. A cup of hot herbal tea would be good after an acupressure session along with a period of deep relaxation.

Limit your self acupressure sessions to an hour at the most. When you begin practicing acupressure, you may find that you are most comfortable holding a point for two to three minutes. You may find that you can gradually over two to three months - work up to holding points longer, but do not hold any one point longer than ten minutes. And do not work any single area of the body, such as the abdominal area or the face, for longer that 15 minutes. The effects of acupressure can be quite strong. If you work too long, too much energy is released and complications, such as nausea and headaches, can occur.

For optimal results, you should perform the acupressure routines daily, whether you are using acupressure to maintain your health or to help relieve an ailment. If you are using acupressure for the latter reason, continue using these same points even after you've obtained relief. This can prevent recurrence. If you cannot practice every day, treating yourself to acupressure two or three times a week can still be effective.

Trust this helps.

Cheers,
    Daffodil