1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Walk away the pounds - Challenge

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by geetadamle, May 16, 2011.

1. geetadamle

geetadamle Silver IL'ite

You can use a pedometer or if you are walking outside you can use google maps to determine the distance. Although I am not sure how well google maps calculates for indian roads! Check if your phone has pedometer app.

If you dont want to invest in a pedometer, you can simply walk at a moderately fast pace for 13-14 mins and consider it as 1 mile. I think this is the best option instead of spending money on fancy gadgets which lose their accuracy very quickly.

1 person likes this.
  2. geetadamle

geetadamle Silver IL'ite

Zingy, I was being lazy and was skipping the application of sunscreen. And now I have to bear the brunt!! My arms, legs, back is tanned. But I guess I will recover in winter. I am being extra cautious now and applying sunscreen without fail. I have to do the same in Hawaii.

Zingy, shanvy, Not been able to achieve the "PERFECT" beach body I long for, but I feel comfortable in a bikini now. I have graduated from wearing my one piece swim suit to 2 piece bikini. :) Makes me happy!! By next summer, I hope to achieve perfect beach body. ;-)

I had my annual check up today and the doctor asked me to skip blood work test. She said your last years results are excellent and your diet and exercise pattern looks perfect. I felt so proud!! :)

3. zingy

zingy Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for the tip. I found a site(google pedometer) which uses googlemap to calcualte the distance . I had marked 1 mile within my campus and I did 2 miles in my office today :) .

4. hridhaya

hridhaya Gold IL'ite

Buddies,
    Walked 2 miles today.
    Shanvy, miss you...Hope things get better early at your side.
    zingy, nice website...I use google maps but it is not so helpful in tracking unmapped roads.I will also check g earth.
    gd,I will put some pics in my album by this weekend. congrats on getting a flattering body. By now I know, nothing is impossible for you.really admire your persistence.
    priya, did you get closer to the target today?

5. Caramelpetal

Caramelpetal Bronze IL'ite

Thank you for the advice hridhaya and shanvy..I will not be doing anything for the next couple of days...having some health problems lately one after the other..I'm kind of fed up now and waiting for the day when I can get up and say 'wow..i feel all well' :((..

Its really nice though to read up all the posts on the thread ...very positive and motivating...:)

6. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Hi friends,

Hows everyone? Im quite busy with schools starting this week. It will take some time to get into routine. As of now, im walking happily outside everyday with a friend and feeling good abt it.

Will peek here once in a while.

7. geetadamle

geetadamle Silver IL'ite

8. rmpriya

rmpriya IL Hall of Fame

Walked 3 miles today .

Missed 2 days in this week . Will compensate it in the weekend .

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 78pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=104><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 37pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 1792" width=49><COL style="WIDTH: 41pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 2011" width=55><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; WIDTH: 37pt; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8" class=xl63 height=20 width=49 align=right>22-Aug<TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; WIDTH: 41pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8" width=55 align=right>2<TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8" class=xl63 height=20 align=right>23-Aug<TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8" align=right>0<TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8" class=xl63 height=20 align=right>24-Aug<TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8" align=right>4<TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8" class=xl63 height=20 align=right>25-Aug<TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8" align=right>0<TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8" class=xl63 height=20 align=right>26-Aug<TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8" align=right>3

9. rmpriya

rmpriya IL Hall of Fame

Good to see the numbers in excel . I walked 244 miles so far in these 3.5 months .

Shanvy , Take good care .

Big Hi zingy ,hridhaya ,caramel and our beach lady GD.

10. shris

shris New IL'ite

Hello,
    I walked 2 miles daily since the last three days and so 6 miles in 3 days.I think of increasing it to 3 miles from next week but since it is the first week of school for kids i don;t know.Will surely try it.

sudha