1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions for Epilators

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by Ranchu, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi friends,

Am thinking of buying an epilator.
    I was using wax at home however with PIL's visiting and baby at home. I hardly have time to heat the wax ,etc... the whole process...

Please suggest a good brand of epilator - Braun or Philips ?
    Which model is reliable ?

2. Ranchu

No replies yet... hmmm.. now this makes me wonder if I should even go for Epilators or not :(
    Noone at IL uses epilators ?

3. smsh

smsh New IL'ite

honestly i looked into it but haven't gotten it yet
    i'v read that its more painful and u get more ingrown hairs. so thatz why i'm still debating to get one or not

4. babycorn

babycorn Silver IL'ite

I agree.with MIL around here for delivery,I was also planning to buy one.I heard its more painful.hence did not buy.

5. chitmin

chitmin Gold IL'ite

I've been using a Braun epilator for the past ten years and it has worked very well for me. Epilating also takes time--so I'm not sure how it would work with a baby and PILs at home. I would certainly recommend the Braun epilators (before getting one in the US almost 10 years ago, I used Braun in India, and it worked very well there as well).

6. Ranchu

Thanks Chitmin..
    I did end up buying braun epilator. After using it couple of times I feel it leaves ingrown hairs.. How to avoid this problem ? am i using the wrong inclination or direction ?

7. SSC

SSC Platinum IL'ite

I use panasonic. Well, ingrown hair is something that epilator causes, cannot be avoided. I still prefer waxing for hands and legs. I use it only for underarms because using an electric razor was making it dark, and the growth was very quick.

P.S : On a side note, I know there will be Indian ladies, close to your locality, who do waxing at home. That will be a decent solution, if you want to continue to wax (Its the closest you can get to harmless hair removal). That will work out cheaper than a spa wax, and will save u the pain of waxing at home!!

8. chitmin

chitmin Gold IL'ite

Yes, in grown hairs are a pain. Exfoliating the skin (with a mitt) is supposed to help with in grown hair. I just let it be though... And I do second SSC's suggestion regarding waxing at home. It's just very messy which is why I find it easier to use the epilator.