Can u please clear my doubt please.

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by inlovewithmylyf, Aug 21, 2011.

1. inlovewithmylyf

inlovewithmylyf Platinum IL'ite

I was going through the pregnancy week by week calender to just see my baby's growth in the womb... N it says at 6 weeks brain grows and at 7 weeks etc etc grows... Are they saying the 6 weeks from the last menstrual date or the growth from the date of conception... If they say at 6 weeks my baby's brain grows, should I calculate the 6th week from the date of conception or the date of last period.. Please let me know...

2. shashiprp

shashiprp New IL'ite

hi inlovewithmylyf, you need not have to worry about pregnancy week by week till say 20th week when you will have your mid pregnancy ultrasound. The Doctor will go through results of your ultrasound whether the baby is growing normally. My Midwife had told me clearly that my responsibility as a pregnant lady is just to have proper food and take care of exercise activities. Midwife said that if anything happens to baby during first trimester then it is not the mistake of mom-to-be as there are lot of factors involveed in baby formation...First trimester is very crucial for the baby to survive...thats why in pregnancy week by week they tell that it is safe to announce your pregnancy only after 11th week as by that time you will be able to hear baby's heartbeat...

6th week in pregnancy calendar is your pregnancy week from Last menstrual cycle... Date of conception can never be determined ... so you cannot consider date of conception for determining your pregnancy week...

Enjoy your pregnancy

3. Chandrika82

Chandrika82 Silver IL'ite

Hi inlovewithmylyf, as explained in the post above date is always calculated from the first day of your LMP.
    Also, even i do the same thing as you - track baby's growth week by week :)
    Its not because i am nervous or anxious, but just that its amazing to know whats going on inside of me and the in the new life inside me, every week. I am guessing this is your first pregnancy, like mine.

When they say 6 weeks, it means from your 1st day of last period. I was able to hear my baby's (faint) heartbeat at 6weeks 1 day, though it will differ from person to person. My doctor said that during the 1st trimester when we throw up a lot, its fine to eat whatever we like. just make sure to drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration and eat small meals with 2 hr gap. Other than that, just relax, continue being amazed at whats going on inside of you !! Good luck !!

4. babycorn

babycorn Silver IL'ite

Hi,

I did not get my periods for 10 weeks.My ultrasound showed an active fetus of 6 weeks old.dont worry about this one.nobody knows the exact conception date.God only knows.eat healthy and stay healthy.