Prenatal classes/ Childbirth queries answered

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Dwirakhi, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Dwirakhi

Dwirakhi Silver IL'ite

Dear Love 2 live,

I am so happy for you. Wishing you all the luck and happiness in this whole wide world. Love can only empower us and you have just the right attitude towards handling everything. Keep it up.

God Bless
    Love Always and Unconditional
    Rakhi

sindmani likes this.
  2. Dwirakhi

Dwirakhi Silver IL'ite

Hi,

At the end of ten beautiful and tiring months an expecting couple finally have the reward their new born baby in their arms. A fetus grows in to a healthy baby by the end of the term because of a combination of a healthy life style, nutritious and timely food intake along with a consistent and beneficial fitness regime by the expecting mother. But what is that special secret ingredient that makes a master chef's dish a delicacy is simply love happiness cheer and positivity, the mood of the chef at work. Hence a cheerful happy joyous pregnancy with the support of the spouse and family is very essential according to me for the overall growth and development of the baby. Sharing with every one such special moment that we bring about the expecting couples during the sessions captured and frozen in a picture.

Love u all….

Rakhi

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 16, 2011
    sindmani likes this.
  3. Dwirakhi

Dwirakhi Silver IL'ite

Hi,

As an expecting mother a woman owes it to herself and her baby to stay fit eat healthy and start a simple exercise regime on a regular basis. The benefits are many it will help,

1. To manage the weight

2. Stay energetic throughout the day

3. Prevent bloating of abdomen and flatus Prevent Gestational Diabetes

4. Make labor an experience that is cherished rather than a nightmare

5. Recover immediately and stay fit after childbirth

6. Eating one's favourite food, watching a movie or shopping gives us a high and makes us feel good.

7. Exercise causes similar affects gives better results and far more long term benefits.

So get motivated to get active treat your body with kindness by eating healthy. The next blog will be about how to go about starting an exercise routine.

Take care…

Rakhi

sindmani likes this.
  4. angel1719

angel1719 Silver IL'ite

Hey Rakhi

I am 35 weeks and 3 days pregnant as of today... I would like to know if it is too early for the baby to move down in pelvis.. as many people around me (experienced mom's) are saying that my baby is too high for the last month...It hasn't dropped yet...
    as per last scan baby's head is down but not dropped yet.
    Can you please advice is it a matter or worry?
    I am still working and have a bit active schedule....I am not going for long walks due to weather here..but then I do keep walking at home..is this enough? weekly twice or so..i go for a walk in malls..will that help to push the baby down?

5. babycorn

babycorn Silver IL'ite

angel,

as you know iam in the same situation.I walk 30-45 mins everyday.Iam currently 39 weeks and baby is still high on the pelvis.when I asked the doc,he said we cannot do anything.walking/exercise cannot do anything.so please dont worry.

6. angel1719

angel1719 Silver IL'ite

ya cm..even i checked with doc but doc says nothing can be guessed as of now....God knows what will happen with us...but you know we just can't stop worrying...how are you keeping? we just waiting for your news now next... :lol:

7. srisha2k

srisha2k New IL'ite

Hi Rakhi,
    Thanks for opening this thread. I have a doubt. Today i went for a first ultrasound scan. It says baby is normal. Also i heard the heartbeat of the baby. It showed I am 8 weeks 6 days preganant. But my LMP is jun 30. How can it be possible? please clarify me.

8. Dwirakhi

Dwirakhi Silver IL'ite

Walking is the safest form of exercise in pregnancy

The walk should be enough to energize not exhaust. The duration is less initially even 10 to 15 mints are good enough.

Instead of walking for a continuous stretch, it can be split in to two to three short sessions throughout the day which is practical and safe.

An office going pregnant woman could take up any excuse to walk or move around whenever possible throughout the day.

A walk has to consist of 4 parts, warm up, walking, cool down and finally gentle stretching of the calf and back.

The intake of water in small sips is a good idea during a walk.

A walk should never be done immediately after a meal or on an empty stomach.

Appropriate footwear is essential to prevent injuries n heel pain ie a walking shoe.

For motivation to be consistent music a partner or a friend could be your walking buddy.

Exercising gives the same high as our comfort food, so when life is very pressing walk your way instead of stressing!

sindmani likes this.
  9. Dwirakhi

Dwirakhi Silver IL'ite

Dear Angel,

Your scan says you are doing well and your baby is in position as per the gestational age. One very significant thing that the baby does is fixes its head in to the mother's pelvis. The fixing can happen till the end of the 40th week or even while in the course of the first stage of labor (esp for second pregnancies). So take a chill pill and let nature takes its course. Continue your walks and if you are comfortable use floor sitting.

PS. It is very inappropriate to come to any conclusions from the physical experience of your stomach about what is happening inside, your obstetrician will be able to accurately state your status. So don’t unnecessarily stress yourself with loose talks from people around, smile and let it go.

God Bless
    Take Care
    Rakhi

10. Dwirakhi

Dwirakhi Silver IL'ite

Dear Srisha,

Congratulations on hearing your baby's heart beat. The human gestation lasts for 40 to 42 weeks ie ten months and not nine months. The baby is fully developed by the end of the 38th week and labour can start around that time hence the 9 months is what is popularly calculated. So if you work around this mathematics you will be clear. If your due date has been calculated as 30th june there are good chances that you could be in labor after 15th may and very few rather 5% of women deliver on the due date.

In their, in our body in the womb there is another calendar and clock that works, as we dont know the exact date of conception approximations and time frames have to be set to bridge the gap and honestly i believe we have a calendar and God has one too.................so, dont worry your little head over this.

Most often the scan reveals a date which may have a difference of one or two weeks.

Enjoy your pregnancy.

God Bless and Take Care.

Rakhi