1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Best options for Ready Made Sarees

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by US123, Aug 18, 2011.

1. US123

US123 New IL'ite

Hello Sisters,

Can you please advise which method is better:

Getting the saree sewed on to a matching petticoat (if so what material petticoat will work out the best?) or

just get the vertical pleats stitched by themselves.

Is it a good idea to get the pallu pleats also stitched or just leave the top part of the saree alone?

I know certain sarees look good with both the pallu and vertical pleats stitched. I will be very grateful if you can let me know the material of such sarees (georgette, chiffon, silk etc).

Thanks for all the valuable advise you all so generously contribute- I have learnt a lot from this forum and look forward to your wonderful suggestions!

God Bless,
    Best,
    Usha

2. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Hello Usha,

I have a few readymade saees myself. And they are very conveniant to wear. There is no fear of pleats opening up!!! Also, in trousseaus these days, young brides are opting for readymade sarees.

It is better to get the vertical pleats stitched as making these pleats takes up time. I don't think you should be stitching it with the petticoat. Different sarees would need different material petticoats. for eg...a net saree would do with a satin petticoat. So it is always better to wear a petticoat and then the saree on top.

As for the pallu, the best option would be just leave it without the pleats. This way, you always have a choice...either to wear the saree with a free-flowing pallu(so that the entire pallu design is seen) or to make pleats and then pin it up.

Silk gives a very good fall to the saree. But these days, other than silk, lots of different fabrics are in. If you have a good and experianced tailor....he might be able to assist you as well.

You can run a google search on images for readymade sarees. Am sure you will get an idea of what you are looking for.

Good day!!!

1 person likes this.
  3. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Wowwwwwwwwww.... I never know there is such thing called 'Readymade Saree'. That too they sell the ones that stitched with peticoat??? :goodidea:

Please please please girls, could someone give me some images of this type of saree? I searched in google, but couldnt find..

So this kind of sarees comes for Cotton sarees too? I am dying to drape a pure cotton saree with proper fleets. But never could do. It always stand like an umbrella around me:drowning. If there is a readymade one for cotton sarees I will fly to get it.. :)

Eagerly waiting for your reply... :)

ilt

4. rkgurbani

5. US123

US123 New IL'ite

What a thorough and well thought out answer! Thanks rkgurbani:thumbsup
    What you say makes complete sense- I will hence opt for the vertical pleat stitched ready made saree!

And you are so right about Saree designers constantly researching new trends- they have come up with special Printed petticoats to be worn under special sarees! I am amazed!:clap

Thanks again! Good Luck to us as we navigate this exciting adventure of choosing sarees in hundreds of designs and myriad of materials, (ready made or otherwise) for us and our loved ones!

6. cissyboo

cissyboo Silver IL'ite

With the stitched or ready made saree (the type that the pleats do not need to get tucked into the petticoat) you have to be very careful to get the length measurement on the form exactly right (ie wearing the shoes you plan to wear with the saree), otherwise, it can be too long or too short. The few I have, the saree top border was cut off to reduce the bulk (which means that I cannot salvage the saree successfully).

7. ILoveTulips

Hi rkgurbani, Thank you very much for the link... cissyboo, I didnt know that the fleets wont go inside the petticoat. Tthats good info...

Can you tell me that whether should I give the hip size to get the readymade saree? Because the fleets might go in awkward direction, as I have big hip.

Also, in the link you sent, they show only shiffon sarees... Will these ones available for cotton sarees too??

Finally are they available in shops? My mom is in Coimbatore. Do anybody know where she can buy these pre-stitched sarees in coimbatore??

Dear US123, my sincere apologies for digressing the thread.. Hope you wouldn't mind... :)

ilt

8. rkgurbani

Hello Tulips,

If you are getting it stitched from your tailor then, lucky you!!! You can give him specifications and get it stitched the way you would want it.

As for the measurements, in the readymade version, you get a free size with adjustable hooks/string also. If you get it stitched to your exact measurement, it will be right to wear it only for the moment (in case of weight fluctuation!!!!;-))

These sarees are available in different fabrics. If your Mom is in Coimbatore, she will surely find the ones in silk and cotton as well. She may have to scout around a bit though.

But in Northern states, the variety and designs are much more. You will also be surprised to know that last year during my cousin's wedding, she wore a readysaree. no one guessed it was a ready to wear....Only later on after the function, I saw that the whole thing was actually stitched like a lehenga with fleets in front and the dupatta was worn like a saree pallu. But it was a beauty...

1 person likes this.
  9. ILoveTulips

Thanks a lot for the detailed response rkgurbani. I will ask my mom to shop around .. :)