IUI: Queries & suggestions!

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Rad, May 13, 2008.

1. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

HI Priyanka,
    I read about your maternity leave already! :) Its good to have the BP under control. It will give you & your baby more freedom! All the best for the rest of the journey!
    Good heart? Hope your LO will be strong & dedicated like you! :)
    Take care.

Wow Congrats Ani Swami.... :)
    Hope everything is going fine. Take rest. Take a good care of you.
    Eat healthy & stay healthy.
    Enjoy your pregnancy journey!

All the best dear. Hope all goes well this time!

Hi Brinda,
    Sorry about the failed cycle. All the best to the new one. Start the new cycle with more positive mindset. 1) Your timing is fine. May be your body need to get adjusted with the medicine effects. 2) Allergies... Whether you had any tablets for that during 2ww? if not, its fine. Sometimes these medications triggers these allergies. I had worst allergy after my second IVF & it extended for months! I took tablets for months & some other things made me to continue them even now! Trying extra hard to control those! So, as long as its not worst, its fine!
    3) HSG is not a painful procedure to everyone. It depends on our body condition, our co-operation & so on. Don't get scared on that. If its necessary to take up HSG, take it & clear the confusions. Some say you have a clear window after the HSG for months!
    4) You can try 6 IUIs if you don't have any blocks in tubes! Some have more than that too if needed! Its our choice, there is no restriction!
    Hope your new cycle will end all troubles. Take care.

Baby dust to all TTC ladies...

2. priyankanath

priyankanath Gold IL'ite

Brinda,

Letroz doesnt thin your uterine lining....so thats a good thing with it :) And regarding follicles both clomid and letroz produce multiple follicles for many women though i had only one on the cycle i conceived....depends on women! As i wrote before i know a girl who conceived twins with letroz only.

Half gynac....ohh yes....trust me i can treat women who want to go for IUI and have PCOS by now:rotfl I should start practising.....wat say?! :bonk

WithoutMySoul

All the best for your IUI dear:thumbsup Keep a relaxed mind.

Vasu

Thanks dear :kiss

Lots of babydust to all.

Priyu

3. brinda03

brinda03 Junior IL'ite

Hi Priyu/Vasu,

Thanks so much for the replies..

And Priyu, I am sure you will give really good advice to your patients with a cheerful smile!! Thats what people who are tttc need..

Went to the doc today, and she prescribed letroz (2.5 mg morning and evening). I was really relieved to see that. I did a lot of reading up about both clomid vs letroz and I see that letroz doesnt thin the uterine lining(because clomid did it for me) and it gets quickly cleared from the body (in around 45 hours) and then allows the body itself to produce its hormones.

The plan she has suggested is 2 cycles of IUI, then HSG, and then 2 more cycles of IUI and 2 cycles of IUI with injectibles (in case the poor quality of the egg could be the issue). Sounds like a decent plan to me. She said that the success rate of IUI is around 20%, hence we shud all be mentally prepared for 4-5 cycles atleast.

All that we can do is keep our hopes up and be positive. I am also thinking of going the astrology route to see whats happening. What do you all think?

4. priyankanath

priyankanath Gold IL'ite

All the best for this cycle Brinda :thumbsup

Let us know how your IUI went. I will pray for u.

Priyu

5. rayofhope

rayofhope New IL'ite

iam in the dreaded 2ww of my first iui will know in a couple of days . i followed the plan which you gave hopefully it did the trick . I get wet sensation generally 1 week prior to AF & i asked couple of docs & they dont think that means anything at all. is it normal to feel wet (almost like onset of af)& still be pregnant...
    I had light cramps at 7dpiui almost like ovulation pain but nothing after that . i will be testing on friday iam so scared ..

Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
  6. msindus

msindus New IL'ite

Hi Brinda,

Sorry about the late response. I am much pressurised for TTC by family...so, i was offline.

Reg your questions:
    Please do not lose hope. Go for either HSG or Hysterescopy according to your convenience. Both has it's own benefts as i told you before. You will not be able to have your IUI in the cycle that you have this procedure done.
    Regarding the timing, yours is fine. Doctors plan is good for you. Earlier the procedure, it's better.

I told that i had my 2 Iui shots, one @ 14th hour and 26th hour....this is from the time i had my HCG injection....this injection induces the follicle to rupture(what doc said was that depending on the person, the egge would be realeased after 12 to 15 hours of the HCG shot) and many DOcs would do the first IUI after 12 to 14 hours from then and another another after 26th hour. what they say is that the egg would survive for 36 hours....trying to catch up with the egg within the band and to give the sperm some time to swim, 2 shots are given....Sometimes, even with one IUI shot, people do conceive...Still, 2 shots gives more chance. You see afterall only sperms have wings and can swim like fishes, unlike egg which is not mobile....so, give those guys some time to catch up with us...:thumbsup Let hose guys run behind us !
    Good Luck....9 more days to go, i would know the result of my 2nd IUI after my Hysterscopy...before Hystersopy, i had 3 IUIs. The good thing is that my uterus and ovaries ar free from troubles after the procedure. So, please do not lose hope. Take good food and enuf rest. Afterall, let us do our good share and complain to God. My prayers for you too.!

Priyu,
    I thought that i would share some tips on controlling BP, which i came to know from my elders...i come from a good heritage of Ayurvedic practice, though i am not one..i get few tips.
    Add Garlic to your food...If you can, have it raw..else, chop and saute in gingelly oil or ghee with pepper powder and mix it with rice and have...if you don't like to have rice...roll it in a roti or sandwitch it with bread. a very good mediine for your BP.
    Onion, tomato, Cauliflower, broccoli, saunf and carrots are real good natural healers for controlling BP.
    Have a great time!!! Your kiddo must be kicking you enuf now!!!:)
    Good luck to you!

Hi Sarayu,
    I was also always given Letrozole tablets twice a day..and it always worked fine with me...Also, my doc said tht, it doesn't matter how many follicles are there, it should be matured and healthy. Even with one follicle, you can conceive.
    I am also given progesterone & folic acid supplements and since i was anaemic, i am also given iron, calcium and a vitamin E supplement. Hoping to hear good news from you too!

Hi rayofhope,
    Hope you everyting turns out good for you!! Good luck to you tooo! I have heard some gals telling that they had this cramping and wet sensation and still conceived..so, don't lose hope:thumbsup

Hi aniswami,
    Very very happy to hear that you are preg...Have a nice time talking to the "one more" in you!
    Good luck!

MSR

Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
  7. VaibhaviB

VaibhaviB Junior IL'ite

Hi Ladies!!

After long time hmm.. Howz life going on..

How are u Priyu, Vasu, Bhavini, Radha...

Was trying to remain out of all these stuff from last 2 months..
    My 2nd IUI was abruptly discontinued due to no proper response of my hormones..
    Now a days I m jus focusing on my career & household chores..

Got confirmed from probabtion with a gud salary hike..made my kitchen look like compact & proper arranged one..I mean furniture work done..

Moreover mind just resists to be calm & patient neways..

Take care u guys..

Vaibhavi :thumbsup

Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
  8. aniswami81

aniswami81 Junior IL'ite

Hi all ladies,
    Thanks for all your wishes.
    Will give details about my experience in a few more days.
    Till then...bye take care and all the best to one nd all :thumbsup
    Thanks,
    Anitha

9. yourlittleworld

yourlittleworld New IL'ite

Congrats ani....

I wish you all the best. everything will be fine and i will pray for you.

Take care....

10. vadapallisudha

vadapallisudha Gold IL'ite

Hi all..
    Been to the doc y'day and he has advised me to get 2 more test before starting ivf.The tests r LFT(Liver Function Test) and TB Gold test.
    From my TVS on day 3 and day 21 the doc felt i might require anti-tuberculosis treatment(ATT).On day 21 the endometrium size was 5.6mm
    My HSG reports r normal and Elisa for TB and Mantox tests were negative,the doc carried on with 4 iui the favourable reports .To my surprise Y'day he says that my tubes r "un-healthy" i am all confused.
    I was advised to take Elisa for TB and Mantox tests(in march 2011, which came out to be negative), after consecutive 3 iui failures and before going for 4th iui ,(both test to find any traces of uterus tb).Then the doc had not mentioned abt any unhealthiness of tubes or the thickness of endometrium,
    Now the doc says to get the both tests done again plus TB Gold test(which costs 2550/- if done from Dr. LalPaths) and depending upon the reports will decide with the duration of ATT,whether i have to take anti-tuberculosis medicines for 3 months or 6 months.The actual treatment for ivf will start once the LFT or Elisa for Tb test after ATT shows any improvements(if i am have any tb cells which will be known from the present tests).
    I only hope that within 5months i might not have developed any TB cells in the uterus.I dont know wht i feel or should feel with the latest developments at my ttc front.Every time i visit the doc he comes out with new points which worries me abt the time thats passing by...
    Trying to keep my cool and focused on my goal.To divert my mind am reading a lot these days,got this book "The secret of the NAGAS"(sequel to "The Immortals of Meluha")-Amish Patel,very camptivating book,Another book i found interesting is "The case for India"-Will Durant.
    will sign off now wishing all of u out there,strength and luck towards motherhood.
    Hi Priya
    So all set to say "Goodbye tummy. Hello Mommy!" wishing u and ur growing family life time cheers and happy moments ahead.
    Eagerly waiting for the good new dear! take care
    sudha