1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Why is he like this?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by ajuma, Aug 14, 2011.

1. ajuma

ajuma Senior IL'ite

Dear ilites

I am married for 7 years, with a 2 year old son. I was working until few months back, now taking care of my son.
    My husband don't share his email Ids, money matters, his savings nothing.
    He makes India calls from his office or very late night but never infront of me.
    I am fed up of his this type of behavior. If I ask about it, he just avoids it. He don't want to discuss about it. He don't speak any matters. His family or anything. I feel like a outsider even after so many years of married life?
    Is this normal to be like this?
    Is this how I should live like an outsider always? And he says I can think whatever I want about him, but he
    will be like this.
    It hurts a lot.
    I m tired n frustrated about this, and don't understand what to do?

2. redgems

redgems New IL'ite

are his parents around/alive? does he send money back home? do you have a good relationship otherwise?

1 person likes this.
  3. ivlakshmi

ivlakshmi Platinum IL'ite

Hi,
    Seems like he has some extra connections..check out his mobile stuff without him knowing..or some saddistic guys who enjoys troubling his wife do all this kind of stuff..
    My other uestion for u is "is he taking u out for small trips,is he giving u some money for personal need, is he non abusive ?" ..If the answers is yes then i would say just ignore and u also join a job and dont share any details to him

4. ajuma

ajuma Senior IL'ite

Upcourse ours is a big joint family. He sends all his money back to India. He hides all this from me. He has never discussed about money matter with me.
    He is ok with me, but he don't share anything with me.

5. ajuma

ajuma Senior IL'ite

He comes back home very late 9pm, as he s very busy with his job.
    He don't have time to take any short trips, since last 2 years we have never gone out. He gives money when I ask for household expenses only, if I don't ask he has not given me any money. He s non abusive,
    But he s not even interested or he don't cares for me. He just takes me for granted.
    I just keep busy with house work, with my son.
    He don't have any topic to talk to me.
    Or he s not interested to tell me anything.
    How to adjust with such husband, who s not interested to talk or share anything, I don't get any emotional support from him.

6. sadwife

sadwife Gold IL'ite

Some men don't like to open up. Although they don't tell their wife about their finance etc but they do the right thing. They would have enough savings and plan wisely for rainy days.

Anyway it's your right to know about the finance. I am not sure how you can make him understand that as he had ignored your concerns before this. Try making stories that a friend of yours is having a bad financial crisis due to her husband's carelessness in managing their finance. Say you are worried such thing may happen to you and your family. See what he has to say. I hope he would say you don't have to worry about it as he manages the finance well and have enough savings for his wife and kid. Say you trust him that he will not put you and your son in a bad situation.

Is he calling his parents from the office phone or his mobile? Maybe he is calling from his office because the bill goes to his company. Do you have a land line at home? He might use the office phone with a special card purchased by him that allows his to make calls at cheaper rates. He can't use the card with his mobile.

Or tell him you too would like to talk to his parents. So ask him to call when you are around.

If he is a good husband in other aspects, then it's better if you try to ignore small matters because that is the way he is. Don't wait for him to speak up. You start conversations that interest him.

It would be good if you can find a job for yourself. You can save some money and at the same time you'll get to know some friends.

7. sheztheone

sheztheone Platinum IL'ite

ajuma, I am sorry about your situation. It is definitely frustrating if your better half behaves like this with you. How is your relationship with his family? Do you keep in touch with them regularly? Have they stayed with you?
    When you were working, who managed income and exp with respect to your salary?

If he does not speak about his family, why dont you start by telling him latest updates about your family and ask about his? I also feel that his behaviour might be getting to you more now that you are at home and have more time to think/stress about this. If you can plan well, why dont you get back to work and put your LO in a daycare? This will keep you occupied and you will also be able to manage your finances yourself.

It is not healthy for the spouse to be kept completely in the dark about financial matters. Why dont you propose some new investment, a house or something. This might get him to open up a bit about finances. All said and done, you have to make sure you do not overly nag him else he might only rebel and it will not help you.

Be strong, do not lose hope.