1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Frequent fights over sex

Discussion in 'Intimacy' started by JayaJ, Aug 6, 2011.

1. bramvi

bramvi Silver IL'ite

I only wanted to convey that I think it is a huge issue too and it needs to be addressed sooner & that is only reason behind my reply. Thank You

2. indianguy2010

indianguy2010 IL Hall of Fame

Not at all. 'Testosterone' should never be used to increase the sex drive of women. (It is right now approved for use only in men, that too only when a persistent testosterone deficiency is documented, Yet, some practioners, unscrupulously use it for women).

It is true that testosterone is the hormone which brings about the sex desire in both and women. But, in women, apart from 'testosterone' there are lot many reasons known as well as unknown. Hence, the current consensus is , testosterone should not be used to boost sex desire in women. In women , it causes unwanted , sometimes permanent side effects like growth of facial hair etc,.

3. indianguy2010

Certainly, for three reasons :

1) Rosie King is a woman like you. She understands one fact clearly that desire can not be 'created'. Her approach is practical and pragmatic.

2) She is a medical doctor. Whatever she says is based on scientific evidence.

3) She practises exclusively with couples whose intimate life has been devastated by differing sex drives. Her book "good loving great sex" is a collection of her real time experience over sixteen years with couple like you.

Go to your neighbourhood library, get the book..........start reading. The first few pages itself will convince you that you have arrived at the precisely required information.

All the best...!

4. JayaJ

JayaJ Senior IL'ite

Indianguy,

The library doesnt have that book. Its so surprising, such a large library catering to multicultures but doesnt have that book. I was disappointed too.

Just an update.

JJ

5. indianguy2010

You can buy it online, from amazon.com It is not available anywhere in India. I also bought it online only. The book was safely shipped to me , by post, upon payment through credit card.

For the time being, google with the search words, 'desire discrepancy' and 'Dr.Rosie King'. You will reach her website. You can access at least some information on 'desire discrepancy' in that. This website's Forum Etiquette does not allow any exchange of information on explicit sex related matters. Hence, I can not write anything on it, in public forums. If you are a 'private message user', I could have sent the summary of the information required, through a private message. As you are not a Private Message user of this website user, I can not do the same also.

Time being, reach her website, in the way I above said. You will get to know some information on 'desire discrepancy'. Bye.

6. JayaJ

JayaJ Senior IL'ite

Hi Indianguy,

Yes, i searched online for the book and purchased an e-book online.

Will read it.

Thanks for all your help. Really appreciate it.

JJ

7. indianguy2010

That is fine. Read it, the first few pages themselves, would tell you that you have arrived at the precise information, you require.

8. swtsvn

swtsvn New IL'ite

Hi JayaJ,
    I understand how exhausting it must be by the end of the day, and how a wife would just want to go to sleep on weekday nights. Since you said yours was a love marriage, here is what comes to my mind to help you out a bit. Think back to the good old days when you fell in love with your husband. Just keep thinking about those days, and all the silly funny romantic things you both would have done. Think of them when you wash your dishes, or fold laundry or any other mundane work. I think it would help bring smile to your face eventually, and might help you feel attracted to your husband more. This idea is from a video I saw somewhere of marriage counselling, so it might have some valuable effects. Hope this helps.

1 person likes this.