1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I don’t cry,am I a hard hearted peson?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by mithila kannan, May 11, 2010.

1. gjaya

gjaya Silver IL'ite

Dear Mithila Mam,

No you certainly are not a hard hearted person. Tears don't come doesn't mean you are not having any emotions. From what I know and heard about you, you are a warm hearted person.

I am the opposite Mithila...I cry easily....at the drop of a hat. Any small things like seeing an emotional scene in a movie will make me cry....and it is just not damp eyes...I mean actually flowing tears down the cheek type. I am a very sensitive person I guess.

2. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

My dear jaya,
    You are right.When a prson doesn't cry that easily.it doesn't mean that persn does not have any soft feelings,if a person sheds bucketsful of tears on't mean they are too soft hearted also.Diffeent types of people react to differene situations in different ways.
    Thank you for your lovly words of appreciation.
    love
    mithila

3. SiriVeda

SiriVeda Silver IL'ite

Dear Mithila,

My husband says, when our mind encounters something that it cannot understand or digest, tears come out automatically.

The level of this understanding, I feel, depends on how emotionally sensitive a person is.

The incident that you narrated proves only onething, you have a strong heart and there is ocean depth difference between being hard and strong :)

Loved your write-up

Sirisha

4. mithila kannan

My dear sirisha,

there is ocean depth difference between being hard and strong [​IMG]

I loved it.Thank you.
    love
    mithila

5. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Mithila..
    I cry at the drop of a hat
    ---- when my hubby/ son is rude to me
    ---- during the Hindi movies climax scenes
    ---- when i miss a friend
    ---- when work gets too demanding
    ---- when somebody is kind to me
    --- etc etc etc....
    BUT
    Some how when the real tragedies have occurred like the death of my Father or father-in -law ... when hubby and I have serious fights .... when someone is really mean to me....tears just elude me:bonk
    I don't know I can never shed a single tear then... funny how emotions make us react!!!
    K

6. mithila kannan

My dear K,
    Yes,dear.We ladies are vulnrable.
    I used to feel that may be Iam a hard hearted person,but now I know that there are many like me who can't and don't cry when tubles knock on their door.
    love
    mithila

7. anupamaks

anupamaks New IL'ite

Dear Mithila aunty,
    I am a new member of IL and just yesterday i started reading your posts. Really they are very heart touching and you have poured out your feeling so well in some of your blogs that it really brings tears reading them.
    I also never used to cry when i was a kid. Once this incident has happened when i was in 1oth class. We all cousins were in my mother's brother's house just for vacation. One of my cousin, an year elder to me was from a town nearby the city and she was staying in my uncles' house for studies. She had the habit of going to her town every two weeks. At that time we all had the plan of going to her town with her but our plans got postponed as it was raining the whole day and it had become dark So, my uncle told we must go tomorrow and tears started rolling down in my cousin's eyes as she couldnt go home and meet her dear mom...
    I told her "dont wry, why do u cry, anyways we r going tomorrow na ".. For that phat the response came from my uncle "What feelings do you have for your parents or any others? Have you ever cried in life? Do you know why ppl cry, what emotions are bla bla bla......!!! I really felt so sad and insulted in front of everyone at home. I too have a heart and its just that i dont cry for such reasons... That too when you are young if elders scold us like that we really feel guilty and that scoldings remain in our heart forever...Others shouldn't judge or comment on anybody's feelings so easily :(....but most of the ppl never understand what we are :(....Till today i hate my uncle as he always points out his finger on me or waits for a chance to condemn me!!! Kids need love and care and they should never be condemned or hurt their tender feelings then only they can become a healthy and cheerful adult.
    Have a gr8 day aunty. I am planning to read all your posts (3,369 if im not wrong) as i really enjoy and its has such a great moral that we need to inculcate in our lives...Keep writing more n more ;)
    Cheers
    Anupama

Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
  8. shakambari

shakambari Platinum IL'ite

Mithila Ma'am,
    Sometimes tears are a sign of overflowing emotion...sometimes weakmindedness...sometimes faked too...
    I am not an easy crier but if I break down-it is usually terrible.
    It is better to be strong willed and practical (you get appreciated for it sometimes...otherwise called hard hearted)
    So what ? You should be proud that you are practical and strong so you have crossed many a hurdles in life which tears would have made more difficult.

9. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Mythila, very nice thread. You don't need to shed tears to show your emotions. I am lot like you. I never tell people my problems. Sometimes I feel bad when I watch a movie or a TV show. When my so called friends and families tell their problems, I just listen. I tell them to be brave. They don't like me saying that.

You are such a brave person. I am not much younger than you, but you remind of my mother who passed away 51 years back. She lost her husband at at agr 33 and had two daughter to bring up. I never seen feel sorry for herself.

Get well soon, M.
    How is Mr. K doing?

CL