1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Laser hair removal for face

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by deepbluec, May 10, 2007.

1. kolli143

kolli143 Senior IL'ite

Laser treatment is so dependent on your skin type and hormones. So please do go to the dermatologist before you decide on spending so much money on it. And selecting a laser treatment center is important too as the light settings they use on our skins might cause burning and they have to be knowledgeable about the intensities and stuff.
    I am planning to go to the one that is maintained by my gynecologist. Will post my experiences soon.
    Good Luck
    -Swathi

2. rcs

rcs New IL'ite

Hi,

has nayone on this forum tried laser hair removal on the face/chin area ?
    pls share your experience. I want to get in done but am scared of any side effects like burns/pigmentation etc !

Also, is it true that you cannot do threading for the duration that you undergo treatment ??

3. deepss25

deepss25 Bronze IL'ite

hi all,

Has anyone tried Efflora cream/lotion which is helpful in weakening the roots of the hair.

deepss:)

4. vijikathir

vijikathir Senior IL'ite

Hi All,
    I don't get it. Some says it is working. Some says it is not working.
    But I think anything cann't stop hair growth permanently. Also who got bold won't get their hair back. Am I right?

5. vijikathir

vijikathir Senior IL'ite

Hi Deeps,
    Have you tried that Efflora cream? Where did u buy in chennai?

6. deepss25

deepss25 Bronze IL'ite

hi,

we get it in all medical shops here .They say we have to use it along with any method of hair removal and results wud be seen in 3 to 4 months. i heard along with laser it works well and the doctors also suggest using it.

cheers

deepss:)

7. susealex

susealex New IL'ite

I know this reply is v.late in the day but I saw this thread by chance much later. I have used Eflora cream on the recommendation of my dermatologist (Dr. Shobana who has a clinic in Habibullah Road) who said I should use it daily twice a day (in the morning just after your bath and just before going to bed). This is when undergoing laser therapy for underarm hair removal treatment. The cream is about Rs 500 odd for a tube and when used v.sparingly, can last around 3-4 mths.
    However, it will only reduce hair growth and is meant to be used in collaboration with laser treatments. By itself, it will not really have as much of an effect, I think. I hope this info helps....tks!

8. susealex

susealex New IL'ite

Also wanted to share some info for the benefit of Chennaites who may be looking for a safe reference. You could also try Dr. Priya Mohan, a dermatologist who came recommended to me. I have consulted her regarding my skin. She also has a partner for laser and she has been sending her clients to this person for 8 years or so.
    The machine used has the ND YG laser which apparently is v.safe for Indian skins. What the doc told me is that only the hair absorbs the laser beams and not the skin so there is no danger of laser burns.
    For more details, visit Dr. Mohan at her clinic in Mylapore. For an appt., she can be reached during working hours at 956611441700.

9. pooja912

pooja912 Silver IL'ite

I have done laser treatment..and can assure you if done from a good reputed clinics there will be no problems and complaints...