1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

A weight loss success story

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by shivachoubey, Jan 12, 2010.

1. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Shiva,

I just peeped in here to share my small happiness with you..

I was 62 kgs when I start this dietry regime as on 23/05/11. Now am 56.I could lost 6 kgs.This couldnt be possible without you shiva..you were the great motivator for me.Thanks a lot dear..

Still I need to reduce 2 more kgs..My height is 156cms.
    After delivery, I developed this belly..Now it seems ok(when compare to two months back :) ),but still I need to reduce it shiva..As of now, am doing some simple abs excercises..So please do share some tips to reduce my tummy.Is there any specific excercises for it...

Thanks for the support shiva!!!

2. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Dear Srinidhi,

Wow what a wonderful news. Congrats on your weight loss. Aim to lose 1-2 kgs/month and your will soon reach 60 kgs.

All the best dear friend and do keep me posted about your weight loss.

Lots of love to you.

regards

3. riyamary

riyamary New IL'ite

Dear shiva,

I am a new fan of yours...simply love you for your determination and for your amazing transformation...
    Your blog is awesome :)) . Kindly check it out!!!
    I have been reading nd reading all the post and entries in your blog thousands times :))
    Apart from achieving, the way you replying to others, caring nd motivating them is truly remarkable...
    kudos ...
    Just 3 weeks before i have started my weight loss battle and seriuosly in need of your guidance and help...
    so many doubts tht i currently have...
    hoping thta you will reply for me sure ...

With loads of luv,
    Priya.

4. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Shiva,

Hope you are doing good. Whenever i have a query abt weight, you are the first person on my mind, so here im..

My current BMI is 24 which comes in healthy normal range and i feel very comfortable at this weight though i could lose few more pounds. I personally look healthy at this weight and hence this is the reason i do not want to lose further.
    Now my shoulders,arms and lower body looks absolutely perfect but im still not satisfied with side obliques (love handles).

Please suggest a daily routine for me to get rid of this without having to lose further weight. Is this possible ? Also im not very regular with weights.

Looking forward to hear from you.

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Shiva,

Me back here..confused. my family feels i should not lose any more but i feel i could lose 5 more kgs..i am still on the bmi 26..so to get into the 24 bmi i ned to lose the last 5 kgs..but the recent weight plateau feels i have been building on muscle mass (i have such bulging biceps my son envies..though i have been doing less strength training..just following leslie..) i still feel, this is just a illusion..
    now i know muscle gain will help in calcium regeneration for me as i am on a low on calcium because of not having any supplements because of kidney stones(yuckk such a vicious cycle)..

how do i move to weight loss again..any ideas are welcome..

6. kshipra

kshipra Senior IL'ite

Hi shiva.....

After long time i m joining this thread with lots of questions to u.....
    Let me tell u something abt me first...
    I am 33yrs old....I have 3yrs daughter.....I m staying in sharjah from last 1 yr....
    While coming to sharjah my weight was 77kgs...now i m 81.7kgs......
    I have a elliptical machine at my place....

In india my husband checked his BP first time and it was 150/110......dr ask him to do some exercise and cut down the salt intake.....his current weight is 104.3 kgs....if his BP not coming down then he need to take the medicine and anything will happen to him within 48yrs of his age...his current age is 36yrs now....

He is very committed to his dieting and exercise now....he is going to the gym in the eve for 45 mins just one week back....as early morning gym is closed....

Gym available nearby is not for ladies....so for me i bought a elliptical trainer....
    we both are trying to loose weight....pls help us ....

My diet
    8.00 am green tea and 2 glass hot water
    9.00 am tea and 2 marie bis and oats with curd as i dont like milk.....
    12.30 1 chapati with 1 egg omlet and salad
    4.00 tea and 2 marie bis
    8.30 1 jowar bhakri and whatever greavy cooked.....with raita

my husband's diet is
    7.45 green tea and 1 glass hot water....and breakfast today 2thalipith(Made with all the attas with onian and green chilies) and curd
    10.00 green tea
    1.00 2 chapatis and sabji and salad and buttermilk
    5.00 green tea and apple
    9.00 2 jowar roti and veg cooked at home....

My basic prob with my DH is he is not liking the taste of less salt food.....so getting bore of food now...pls suggest me something abt this.....

pls advice us abt our diet and exercise too....

awaiting reply

(In India with this diet and exercise we tend to reduce more weight than sharjah....it is very difficult to loose weight here....wht is the problem...u r also staying in UAE)

7. shivachoubey

Dear Prana,

Dunno how I missed this post. Congrats on your weight loss. Keep us updated with your progress.

Have a great day ahead.

regards

8. shivachoubey

Dear Priya,

Thanks a million for such sweet appreciation. You just made my day. I guess you are the same priya who sent me a message, I will reply to you in detail there.

Lots of love to you.

regards

9. Mihisha

Mihisha Senior IL'ite

Dear Shiva

How are you? Why you log in less often than before? Have u started some job? If so, congrats! and really thanks for still maintaining the zeal and zest in the thread :)

Ok some very new big things happening here on my side:

As you know, I got a new job , so am here all settled, loooooooveee this new place and loveeeeee my work place! :) I started my fitness routine from Aug 1st, going to apartment gym every day for 50 min, no eating after 8 pm , B fast and lunch both bread egg white omelette except tuesdays..... all in all very much happy and settled in the new place-- only hubby dear is not here but i dont miss him :) lolll he is looking jobs here, hopefully he wud have something soon......

My weight is 72.5 kgs, recently got my periods over--- one new thing I did this time; I walked even during my periods-- and I didnt get any cramps- though due to this, the periods were bit shorter- I had it only for 3 days instead of usual 4 and not much flow either....

I love getting up feeling lighter..... Also, I feel I am getting a lot of male attention these days- I confirmed it- and I am not sure why- of course, I do look good but I am still overweight- and its kinda very new for me-- hadnt had any guy look at me since loooooonng time- I am liking it but I miss hubby dear- I wish he were here, I havent told him this yet...

There is one very urgent issue I need to ask: At my work place, they are planning for an outing to a theme park- Boss asked us all to go and I said yes, I need to go next week-- now they have bought the tickets and I got to know that this is actually a water park only- basically everyone is wearing bathing suit (sleeveless stuff) and I am freaking out...:drowning I cant say no at this stage and I cant wear bathing suit---- I bought a tight swimwear sort of capri and a sleeveless top and over it, I plan to wear a T-shirt--- but I guess there I wud have to remove my T shirt which I wont- and it wud look very awkwardd-- plz help me! I know u cant but some soothing words of confidence-- something that I can handle it confidently! I have an excuse that i dont swim but how about the other splashy water rides where people wear swim suits but its for everyone :rant

Thanks!!

Love yaaa

Misha

10. PinkRubies

PinkRubies Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Dear Misha,

I hope u don't mind me answering your query:

Don't worry about how your gonna look just have a great time, if your really worried about showing your arms, you can always swim with your t-shirt, or you can buy a t-shirt style swim shirt something like this:

18-112-thickbox.jpg

Hope you have a great time at the theme park, and be confident and believe that your beautiful :)