1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A lesson well learnt!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by pree70, Dec 8, 2007.

do you agree with the child?

1. yes

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. no

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. can't say

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. pree70

pree70 New IL'ite

bonk

As days go on, the challenges of parenting seem to get higher and higher. Kids are getting smarter and more intelligent as years go by. Something to do with the genetic mutation, I suppose. Take the instance of my neice…

Gitanjali, or Guddu as we call her is a skinny, hyper energetic, and boisterous 5 year old, who is in her UKG. One day, my cousin (her mom), a higher secondary English teacher, was busy doing some chore. To keep her daughter from mischief, she took out a print out of some coloring page and gave it to Guddu to color. After some time, my cousin noticed that Guddu, due to boredom, was colouring in a haphazard manner. Thinking that this was the best time to impart some grown up advice, she told the little girl that if she was bored of doing something, she should take a small break and then restart, instead of doing a sloppy work. To impress upon her daughter the fact that it is perfectly ok to take a break when one is tired of doing something, she cited her own example. She said, some days, at school, when she gets a bit bored of teaching the children, she gives them a small break. After a few minutes of relaxing mentally, she restarts her work in a better mindset.

Guddu listened attentively to her mother’s account. But at the same time, she was deep in thought. After a few minutes, she told her mom, “You are not a good teacher. When you give your children a break in between class, and start teaching them after 10 minutes, don’t you realize that the children will be in no mood to study? They will want to continue with their break! My teacher doesn’t do that.”

Needless to say, my cousin was spell bound. She had never thought of it from that angle! I’m sure she won’t forget this lesson very soon.

2. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

I thnk the child is right because when given a break kids relax nd for them to get back to tempo will take longer that to take a break.bonk

3. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

I think Guddu is correct.
    When we are bored, we take a break and come back,
    but the children must be in the same mood to come back to the class. They are children they love breaks inbetween classes.

sriniketan

4. pree70

pree70 New IL'ite

:iagree agree with you totally. told my cousin that too. she is more careful in class now.