1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Reduce Belly Fat

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by asirabanu, Jun 18, 2005.

1. shanthi ramanathan

shanthi ramanathan New IL'ite

Re: how to get rid of tummy fat

dear madam

i am working woman and overweight. i weighed 81 Kgs in may 2007 and now after going for a walk for half an hour in the morning from 5.30 am to 6.00 am and control in diet , i have reduced my weight now to 73 kgs. i am 42 years and had two caseraian operation , even after reduction of weight , my tummy weight and weight in the buttocks have not reduced . please advise me to reduce weight in these portions. Out of two caserainas , I have a only one daughter aged 11 years

i will be very grateful and thankful for the suggestions. Please reply to my email Id shanthi_ramnath@yahoo.com

shanthi ramanathan

Last edited: Nov 30, 2007
  2. Tulasi

Tulasi Silver IL'ite

Hello Shanthi,

Don’t get discourged..If you lost about 8kgs, correspondingly you could have lost your tummy also...as everybody knows tummy is the last thing to loose fat….So keep doing what you are doing.. you will see the results. Here on you also measure your waist size every month then you will know the change..
    Even I had two c-sections most of my weight was around the tummy but I could see myself my tummy is trimming down. Also do some abs exercise everyday for 10mins..there is lot info available in this thread. Please go through pick which ever best suits you

All the best
    Tulasi

3. bipasha

bipasha Senior IL'ite

Hi Shanti,
    Have you tried Kapalbhati pranayam.As far as my experience with weight loss methods go I have benefitted the most from Kapalbhati pranayam.there are no side effects.Just try it for a week for 15 min each day.If you see good results you can increase the time to 20-25 mins.

Bipasha

4. shravanthika

shravanthika Senior IL'ite

Hi Bipasha,
    What is Kapalbhati pranayam? I have a clue that its related to Yoga..but can one learn it on our own?

Pls help...I have been longing to learn this for a long time....

5. bipasha

bipasha Senior IL'ite

6. shravanthika

shravanthika Senior IL'ite

Thanx soooooooooo... much Bipasha...

7. rationale

rationale New IL'ite

Hi there

The only way to get rid of tummy fact is through cardio/aerobic excercise. You can choose your options- treadmill, elliptical with a low incline, even swimming is good! Pick something you like and do it atleast 5 times a week for 30 minutes. Reduce your fat intake as well.

After a few weeks, when you've begun to loose body fat you can add strength training moves, weight training etc to firm your middle. Ab crunches and the like will not be effective unless your body fat percentage is in the single digits. (The ab muscles will strengthen but you wont be able to see them as they're hidden under the fat)

8. srilu

srilu New IL'ite

Suddenly incerase tummy and hips

Hi All,
    I dont like suddenly from past 15 days my tummy and my hips are incerased a lot.
    I could not able to identify the reason
    :bullshitit is troubling me now to walk and to sit.it has come like 2 tires and it is very big
    i have reduced the water driniking these days and lot of stress.
    is this may be the reason?
    can body suggest and can any body give me like how to do the tummy excercies?
    pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:bang

9. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

Re: Suddenly incerase tummy and hips

Hey Srilu

Increase in tummy and hips is not Sudden, never Sudden, it must have been happening from a long time, but you just noticed recently... Drink lots of water, Keep checks on your Diet, avoid sweets, fried, and doa lot of Running and exercising...

taking off the Kilos isnt easy and not an overnight thing, but always keep it in mind that you dint gain those kilos overnight also, it is a result of eating and eating and no work out.... so get those Sneakers out from the closet and start working !!!

~Abha

10. pree70

pree70 New IL'ite

help me loose weight...

Hello …. For all those overweight people out there who are desperate about loosing their unwanted blubber, I would like to share my thoughts.
    Good, wholesome, Indian food and bad eating habits along with lack of any proper regular exercise has made me a hefty 85 kg with a height of 5’4” at the age of 37. I know I belong to the extremely obese class of women, who are frantic about hiding their bulges under layers of clothing, as nothing else works. But the worst part of it all is the misery that I go through when I watch my slimmer friends float effortlessly through life. This is a problem I have been having right from my child hood days. I have always had a tough time, finding dresses my size, and have had to compromise miserably. All I can say is that the fight still goes on…..
    For the past few years, I have been going on a morning walk, but to no avail. I do have occasional fits of health consciousness and that is the time I try to do a bit of yoga, or exercise, and even stay off oil and sugar. But very soon, I loose my resolve as I don’t see much improvement on the weighing scales. I don’t understand why it is so very hard to loose my weight.
    Sometimes, I have a pain in my left knee also, which is quite scary. I do realize that the burden on my knees must be too much! If any of you are in my position, or if you have won the battle of the bulge, do give me some foolproof tips. .